Will I get back together with my ex?

So, I was dating this guy for two years and we shared a really really good relationship, we were generally very happy but my personal insecurity kind of ruined things towards the end, because I ended up making a lot of unnecessary fuss about a little subjects (now, looking back, I totally understand it, but before it seemed all very important - it was not). On the start of this month, he broke up with me, and told me it was because he thought he wasn't helping me, considering i ended up clinging myself too much to him and forgot myself (which i admit to be true). He also told me he was going to be really busy (end of university semestre, etc) and it wasn't fair for any of us not to spend the necessary time together. He also needed some time to himself and he didn't break up because of a third person. He told me he still likes me a lot, but the passion faded, because of all those unnecessary conflicts i created many times. He told me he wants to keep being my friend and he cares about me, so we talk every day (he is the one who iniciates the conversations - because i want to give him space) and i want to be his friend too but i wanna be more than friends, i wanna rekindle our passion because after these days apart i've learnt what mistakes i was making and i know i won't repeat them, i know i would go back to be the person he fell in love with.

Do you think its possible to get him back? Why does he want to talk to me everyday after all of this? Does he really just wants to know if i'm ok or could it be more than that? I feel like i should try to get him back, because our love was so intense i don't believe it died, but am i being delusional?

Also: when we talked about the break-up, i asked him if it was possible to make him feel the way he felt before about me, and he said yes, but it shouldn't be the main thing for me to concentrate on right now.
PS: our relationship had a weird start: he wanted almost two years for me because i didn't feel ready. Should I wait now too?

02
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

• Please calm down. You have expressed to him that you want to re-kindle the love? Yes?
    Now wait. Let him know you want to listen. And you hope that the two of you can keep some connection, possibly even move forward.

What Girls Said 0