Should I break up with him because of his mom?

I love my boyfriend so much and I really care about him but his mom gets really paranoid and doesn't let him hang out with me unless we are going to see a movie. he came over yesterday and apparently he lied to his mom about where he was and she found out and took away his phone. I told him that he shouldn't lie to her and as much as I hate not being able to spend time with him I still need to respect his mom and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want him to see me anymore. I'm not sure I can take any of this anymore and put more stress between him and his mom. What should I do?

115
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Unless he is still in high school, he needs stand up for himself more. He also needs to buy his own phone with his own money and pay his own phone bill, so that she cannot take it away.

• Tell him to grow a set and stand up to his Mom. He needs to move out and get an apartment with some friends and start living his life.

• Your mom probably wants him.

• no. if you wana be her wife. then you have to co operate

• If he's an adult he needs to grow a pair of balls and assert himself.. she has not legal control over him. I'd dump him if he doesn't grow a pair.

What Girls Said 11

• I just read in a comment that you say he's 17 years old. It's wise to just end it. if he can lie to his mom, he'll lie to anybody. Including you. Trust me, I had this happened to me before indirectly by a close friend because she was doing things she wasn't supposed to do with her boyfriend. It was a toxic relationship to begin with and it caused problems for everybody around her. She lied to her mom and her dad at one point too. Or at least tried to most of the time. You're doing right by taking this step. My advice is to just drop the relationship. He has a lot of issues as is. Don't take on more than you can handle. I doubt his mother is paranoid. I believe it's because she knows him better than you do. And he's a liar. She doesn't want him having premarital sex with you that is very clear and I agree with her on that. Again, I believe that she can't trust him. Not because of you exactly.

• His mum is doing what most mums do, she's being protective. If u want to be with him u can, just go on dates with him rather than have him stay at your place or something, make compromises so that u can win his mums trust. I went through a really similar thing where my mum didn't approve of me dating my ex, she said to me all he wanted was sex, yet I dated him for 14 months, she approved of him when we first dated but when we broke up and got back together my mum was fully against me dating him, it's really stressful and upsetting for the person who's mother doesn't approve, but if u just go on dates and things then it should work out.

• How old is your bf? If he's going to college soon, wait it out, if you are done and there's no end in sight-break up with him. Who wants Cersei Lannister as a mother in law

• How old is he?

• well if he's an adult you should really let him do what he wants but if you think you can't be happy if his mum is clingy then maybe you should earn her trust and liking. allow her to get to know more so she'll feel more comfortable

• Well I think he should live on his own, he is old enough and shouldn't let his mom treat him like a child. And it is up to you, how long can you still do this?

• That's a silly reason to end a relationship. I'm guessing your high school Age or younger. For some parents, this is considered too young to have a serious relationship. That may be why she doesn't let him see you much. Soon enough she will have no control over him and this will not be an issue.

• How old are you? I'll do whatever I want

• How old is he?

• Will she allow you to spend time with him when supervised by her or one of your parents?

• Think about it more before deciding