Is it difficult to find true love?

3480
Sponsored

What Guys Said 80

• Yes, yes it is. Nowadays many people doesn't even understand it. Mostly because of the difference in expectations, and the so-called "Hookup culture". Actual love doesn't happen that fast. It has to be realized, and then developed over a period of time.

• There's always the option to just let it go, give it up and stop looking for it altogether. I think it's really just the work of hormones to reduce any living species from completely dying out and nothing more. I seriously doubt "true love" lasts, since it's very rare and completely inconsistent. Still better than hoping for something repeatedly only to be greatly let down and disappointed over and over again when it just never ever works out or never ever seems to happen.

• @ Avanie What would YOU, personally define, as 'TRUE LOVE' to you? I think it is different for everyone, but with the women I have been with, none can honestly answer that question, so how can they know what they are looking for, and maybe they found it, but didn't know?

• 'true love' is a misconception, to me; the thing where you just click and get butterflies every time and live happily ever after. But, you can meet someone that you're willing to work hard at making things great with and weather out life's storms together. But this kind of love is more of a decision than an emotion- it's choosing to put each other first, compromise and forgive, even when they're driving you crazy! That's true love

• Of course it is. When it comes to relationships, how many of us can love selflessly? Relationships always were a give and receive mechanism. Who is willing to let your spouse die because it will be less painful for him/her? And if you are, you're probably only ok with it because you embrace that it was a lesser evil and that stills your heart, but what if you knew the best thing is to let go and doesn't know that it was for the best?

On a more social level - if that's what you were hoping for - yes. It's difficult to have something to pick other people's selfish interests. Just imagine building up a relationship where your spouse loves you in any way. Does the concept even apply? I mean, how far can you stray from your original self until your spouse sees you as a different person and leaves?

• Yes, absolutely. It is a great prize to final win!

• Depends on what you consider "true love". If you mean it in the Disney sense, with the fairy tale ending, yeah, that's super tough. But if you're willing to make some concessions and realize your partner is human, too, not so hard.

• i think it is. because we live in a corrupted world where most of people are completely dominated by sin. Love is not natural. Love is supernatural and it is orginated by God, which is Love Himself.

So if you spot true love somewhere, be completely sure that that is not common or normal. What is common is people using each other by lust, selfishness, greedy, etc

• Adam sinned BECAUSE he loved Eve. FYI

• You are making the mistake of claiming there is only one form of love. That is not the case in scripture just as there are different types of heaven. 'Make humans love'... thanks for the laugh.

• @hahahmm differents type of heaven? thanks for the laugh idiot, stupid hater

• its too damn much hard to find true love these days.
    most of the people care about : looks, a good body, Sex, money, stupid things like that. nobody cares about opening their soul to each other, Deep intimacy, A deep and a rare mental connection, Romance, Trust, STuff like that

• It is impossible to find it because we are not in control of true love. it is not something you look for or seek.
    It is something that happens effortlessly and easy by God putting that person in your path.

If you want true love do not seek it out just desire it and believe.

• yes if you try to know people.
    no if you just reject guys for shallow things.

and yes , people nowadays are shallow af so they can't find true love.

• yes, online dating especially can get very disappointing. Very easy to pretend to be someone your not and picture filters can mask a lot!

• I find it difficult... I've met so many people that I liked a lot but either not single or not interested :o
    So although I've been in touch with many, I'm still single :o

• Every great thing is difficult to achieve, if it comes easy, not gonna stay long

• Yes, when you're actively looking.

When you're not looking and happy with your life is when you get blindsided by someone. ;)

• I don't know if it's difficult, but I know that it's not easy.

• Yes. It is extremely difficult.

• Its exttrmely difficult, i have given true love to only two girls. Neighter of them accepted it in the end and rather stayed friends to then go and date someone more flirty and abusive.

• it is difficult but it is not impossible. every expensive things that had great meaning should paid more to get it.

• by the way. there is not true love. Just we have love because we have not ture and lie love. if someone say I love you and later leave u he/she maybe meant I like u for some purposes

• True love isn't particularly-hard to find. It's just hard to find true-love where the person actually loves you back 🙄

• extremely! everyones chasing someone chasing someone else...

• In short: YES!

• Depends on your definition
    If you are talking about that movie stuff, then yes. It's impossible.

If you are talking about real love that last for ages, then no, not really.

• I don't know if it's difficult for everyone but I had to search a bit before finding it.

• Yes bc love is work and tough to msintain. True love exists but most people don't wanna put in the work... at least I hope

• you dont find true love , you built it when you trust anyone and overcome every hardship and your relationship grows stronger and you dont realized how far you came together and that you grew old together and know that its true love

otherwise its just layers of lust lust

• It's like finding a werewolf or a leprechaun.

• the act itself not in my opinion. it´s just hard to find a person who´s worth it xD

• no, doing something about it however is

• What even is 'true love'? What does that even mean?

• More from Guys
    50

What Girls Said 34

• There's no unconditional love, period.
    Not even your parents can love you truly and unconditionally, how can you expect someone else to do the same?
    Seems pretty cynical but is true to an extent

• I personally think many people can find love, maybe not "TRUE LOVE" but you can definitely have a loving relationship with someone and make it as great as you can :) You shouldn't look for it though, you need to let things happen naturally <3

• I find it difficult to find even fake love and I don't try to find it but it doesn't come. I think I'm gonna have to love myself before anyone loves me because I can't function on low confidence like I am bomb

• Yes very! but you should never give up on finding that person i think :)

• True Love is without a doubt REAL! But what it actually is, is something most can't fathom.

• I'd imagine it is. During times like these, people just wanna hook up and have fun no strings attached.

• Yes I think so. But for some people it happens (eventually). Others not so much.

• you find love when you're not looking for it...

• I find it difficult in the sense that if one wants to find the one, they will search for them. intensively in some cases. alas, love doesn't work like that. we're being told that hard work precedes success, but I think the more we want to find true love, we lose the sight of what true love really is. it becomes less natural and thus it can lead to overlooking some flaws the other might have, or their good points.

true love is not any relationship with mutual attraction and affection, it is also a choice to respect and accept your mate under all circumstances forever. you don't have to find a perfect person for that. but it appears many search for their perfect ones and then true love is indeed difficult to find

• Of course, and yet attainable for everyone.

• There is no such thing as "finding true love", you can either love or not. Also, love doesn't exist outside of a person, so... That's it. Gl :)

• "Finding" true love?

There's no such thing as finding love so yeah, that would be difficult if it's true.

• I don't think so :) It's about location and luck

• wasn't for me

• If you don't know what you want in life then you won't know what to seek in that person.

• Yes.

• It's a process

• yuppers

• Yes, it is

• It's difficult to find any love I find.

• Yea seems like you have to search all across the world

• it's hard to find a match made in Heaven

• I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist for certain people like me.

• I kind of believe 50 percent destiny and 50 percent your choice, for some people it just happens for others it takes time. I personally haven't found my true love:)

• There is no such things as love or true love. These are all illusion which destroy people mentally and physically.

• Yes. Very difficult for me

• No. You just need to find the right size and a pair that fits with your dresses.

• Yes best not to look for it it will come to you.

• noo.. just be patient and be yourself

• No, it is not when you, yourself start loving someone truly. <3

• More from Girls
    4