Confused about my break up?

So, me and my ex broke up 3 weeks ago and I feel so confused about the whole situation. Basically, him and his family are moving away and we were both unsure about the whole long distance relationship thing. He broke it off and said that he fell out of love with me months ago (this was a few days after we broke up) during the breaking up he told me to my face he still loved me and was in tears. I told him that I didn't want to have any contact with him, a week passed and one night I checked my phone and he had messaged me. He's been messaging me everyday since and he's been replying almost instantly (which he never did when we were in a relationship). We had a phone call last week that lasted 3hours and we were up talking until 3am (again that never happened before). I'm so confused about the whole situation because he keeps talking to me as if we're just mates and we never got together and mentioning girls that he's "tried" to flirt with at a club, then on the other hand he keeps saying about things that he misses about our relationship. Is he just lonely? Am I reading into it all too much? I need some advice :/

03

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's just loneliness

• sometimes u tend to value things more when you loose them !!

• Cut it off with him, he's just keeping you around as a back up plan.

• Really? What makes you think that?

• Cause I'm a guy and I know what he's thinking. Being "friends" after a relationship never works, the only reason to keep someone around is if you want a fall back plan wherever your next girl or boyfriend doesn't work out.

What Girls Said 0