Do people regret choosing their career over a relationship?

• Yes
  • No

1310
Sponsored

What Girls Said 13

• Some people do, definitely. Sadly, I knew of a man who... retired at 40 (because he started his own company and was extremely successful). He (eventually) was a billionaire. (Not millionaire - BILLIONAIRE). However towards the end of his life he was alone. (He never married, never had kids, no long-term relationship.) He devoted his entire life to his career. And while he was so successful (financially), he had absolutely no one to share it with. On his 60th birthday he jumped off a bridge. Money does not buy happiness. (Very sad, but true story.)

• Depends on the relationship. If it's a marriage that I'd salvageable yes. If not then I chose myself. Like someone said, careers will always be there, most relationships won't. You have to learn to balance your life. But if the right person comes along I will make time for him

• Yes, often.

• I personally think the key is balancing life. But I also believe that some people are just capable of being satisfied with themselves and don't really need a relationship. I am not saying they don't date or socialize. But that maybe they are comfortable enough being with just themselves and enjoy life that way.

• Of course , especially if the career doesn't meet up to that persons expectations 100% and deep down they feel like something is missing.

• What if you career really worked out and you accomplished all of your goals?

• But you don't know the sacrifice the person is willing to make if you didn't make any moves yourself. It takes two to tango so if you know you love that person and you're questioning yourself about the career or that person then on your behalf that's a choice you have to make. Now once you make that decision that's when the persons support is suppose to come in.

• Every relationship goes through struggles but love causes you to take risks you never imagine yourself doing. It's about meeting each other halfway.

• Some don't money over relationships !

• after they see that money or carreer doesn t keep them warm. yes

• why do people even need to choose one :/

• Nope, in fact, I used to do the opposite.

• No a relationship can end, while a carrer continues

• til you're fired or let go.

• @Sabretooth you didn't achieved your carrer goals?

• Wasn't a career I was aiming for-but a girl-made a few mistakes l-unfortunately, while they could've been easily fixed-her family started putting garbage in her head-never should've taken that summer off from ged

• I think at the end of the day a career isn't going to be there for you. however if your partner really loves you they would want you to succeed in your career

• If you are able to work for 5-6 years and not have to worry about money the rest of your life, your career will be with you the rest of your life.

• I don't think that they regret it

• balance is key.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes. I have spent 14 years to be where I'm at, and have missed out on what could have been beautiful relationships. Two different loves have explained, they wanted my time, not my money.

• no if you find people saying love is complicated and I need love nothing else, they're probably the ones who didn't get a job they wanted

• Some might.

I sure as hell don't.

• in truth there is no such choice , even if we work 12hrs a day we still have 12and only 6hrs rest is enough so remaining 6 we can spend with our family...

• No..

• I certainly would. Though I probably would have planned things out with them before I got into a serious relationship...

• Career does not mean money. If I'm happy at my job Ill find someone that wants me to stay happy..

• Depends on the situation.

• Expect downvotes.

I've heard some people express this view. They were all women.

For men, focusing on career early almost always opens up more relationship possibilities later.

Now you -will- hear older men say things like they wish they'd spent more time with their family versus working, but that's a little different from what you're asking.