Why does my ex always lie to me?

Basically me and my ex broke up two months ago due to arguing too much. We decided to stay friends.. but had a few arguments.. anyway, he asked he meet me for a drink, and was saying how much he misses me, then the next day he has a girlfriend and started being rude and nasty towards me. Is it because he still has feelings but knows we won't work so he goes for the first girl he sees. Plus he said to me he wants to move away, (we live in southampton) and funny enough his girlfriend lives in winchester.. so its like he's using her to get away.
Anyway one minute he said he still wants to talk, and now he said he doesn't want contact.
Yet he hasn't blocked me on facebook? Is he just keeping an eye on me whilst being with his new girlfriend?
He loves treating me like crap thats for sure, but he's my first love, and its difficult.

410
Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• I never can understand why some girls continue to feel bad after losing their first love even when the guy is treating her like crap. Maybe it’s because of the way some people define “love”. Loving a person is an intense emotional attachment to them. It’s not a dependency. How could you actually love a guy that treated you like you said when love also includes kindness? If you really want to know a person look at the things he does. Not at what he says. This guy sounds like a complete jerk! What can you possibly gain … or how can you ever find happiness with a guy that says one thing and does another? No doubt you liked him a lot but for goodness sakes don’t make yourself feel committed to him just because he was your first love. If by chance you actually do love him, how can you love a guy with so little regard towards you. I’m sure you don’t like being mistreated. So don't welcome the same. You only want friends that lift you up... not knock you down. His deeds are showing he has no love for you or anything other good feelings so why don’t you just move on to much greener pastures and put this past relationship behind you. Don’t blame yourself for anything. He lies to you because talk is cheap and his talk is making excuses for his bad behavior. If I were you I’d hurry and turn myself in the opposite direction and run away from him and any lingering feelings I have for him as fast as I can. Exchange the good thoughts you still have of him into reality of what they really are and instead start thinking of making something new with your life. Something that rewarding and self-lifting. Something that starts bringing back your self-image and self-respect to the nice girl you really are where you can truly find happiness. Life is constantly making choices. Always try to make the very best choices. He will only bring you frustration and stress. You sure don’t want that. Good luck!

• I loved him unconditionally and i thought we were in love when he was treated me right, it went all downhill after that. Its sad, but i know i deserve better.(:

• That's wonderful advice to every women! Bad childhoods are rough, but it's not our responsibilities to try to fix that, only that person can get help!

• @Poppykate Exactly... that person has got to want to go get help and then do most of the work. He has to have a firm desire to change.

• Save yourself any further stress or drama by just blocking and ignoring this guy and give up any notion of "staying friends"

• The question is why are you even talking to him.

• I think he's trying to hurt you on purpose, because he knows he was your first boyfriend, just try to ignore him and he'll leave you alone.

• Oh he's not trying to talk to me.. he just didn't block me on facebook, but i blocked him 10 minutes ago, after a lot of courage. He'll probably wonder why i did it tbh!

• No but I get really damn annoyed until My head explodes.

• Huh, honestly, i have no idea what question you just answered? aha

• Oops... yep you're 100% right wrong one.

• just leave... he is azz hole...

• because he is your ex :/

• Im friends with one of my exes though? We talk sometimes and there's no feelings both sides, so its all good. But he's just so immature its ridiculous.

• if he treats you like a crap, why do you even care?

• his after sex because no one loved him like u he thinks u are stupid

• He even said that he won't find anyone who loved me as much as you.. and tbh, thats true. But yeah, i know what you mean. won't give him sex.. he's shit anyway.🙄

• good for u

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

What Girls Said 4

• I know it's difficult, but if a MAN does what HE DID, it only means HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU, trust me in this.
    I hate saying this and usually I'm the last person to suggest a "break up" but in this case you should close this chapter or else he will continue playing mind games with you.
    If he didn't block you then YOU SHOULD DO IT, and see what happens, if he really cares he will fight for you, send him his last message, tell him that you are tired of these games and that you don't deserve to be treated this way, and tell him that you will move on and find somebody who gives you stability.
    Do it, trust me, if he loves you, he will jump mountains for you.
    Good luck

• I dont even wanna message him in all honesty. He's played games with me the whole time. We met up a week after we broke uo and had a chat and he said he did/does love me, but he's just had a troubled childhood where he wasn't loved so he finds it hard to show it, which is fair enough. But he knows he treated me badly.. but i don't understand why he wanted to meet for a drink a week ago, yet the next day he got a girlfriend. Then he kept sending me pictures of them together etc. And thats whats harsh, I'd never do that to him as i respect him, and i shouldn't, he doesn't deserve my respect for what he's done to me. He seriously has emotionally damaged me.

• I don't understand how you can allow a person to do that to you...
      Why don't you protect yourself seriously? I don't think you deserve to be treated this way don't ever allow to be treated this way... block him and move on, seek happiness, because he took it away from you, and he IS NOT ALLOWED TO, nobody is ALLOWED TO...

• Probably because he is leading you on. So when he has a girlfriend you are not important anymore, but when he is single you are. Just stop communicating with him, and try to move on. You can't be friends if you are not over him. So go work on yourself.

• We carried on talking when he was with this girl.. but he said he's scared to talk to me still.. perhaps he's scared he'll get feelings again or? Im not too sure. But I've blocked him, and he's staying blocked.(:

• Probably not, otherwise he wouldn't be that rude. Good that you blocked him, these kind of guys don't deserve you at all

• Then don't take his crap. Only you can do something about the treatment if you don't like it. Until then he will continue on with his behaviour as you accept it.

• İf he was good person , u would have never broke up. it is ex u should look for next 😉

• He's definitely not a good person, aha.

• He doesn't have good person act and characters.