Am I a mean person?

I thought I was ready to move on / have a relationship but I'm not and I told the guy who likes me this all. And I feel sick for hurting him cause he's a great guy but I just don't like him that much and I doubt if I ever can. It sucks. :(

34
Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Relax. You've got to look out for you, just like he has to look out for him. He'll be ok. You're not mean, you're honest, and in the long run prevented a far worse pain.

• To be honest, it does suck a lot when this happens. Given that you would have proceeded without rejecting him, in starting a relationship , let's say, it would not have been a successful one. I'd for one say this was a bold yet necessary move and while you would feel bad about this at the moment in time you should accept that it was a necessary step. This is a pretty common scenario and I think and how you handled it was I suppose the way it should have been done so. In short, no you're not a mean person.

• you are not mean.. mean would be to take things further knowing you don't want to be in a relationship..

• u r mean if he is sincere with u...

What Girls Said 3

• that doesn't mean you are a mean person. if you aren't ready then you aren't ready. he should understand that. he'll be okay.

• You answered your own question. Don't become the person who hurt you "bitter". Because once you walk around with that same mentality you tend to hurt and push away people who actually had the potential to treat you right. Take time to heal but don't take anger out on someone who had no intentions on hurting you..

• It's okay. You spoke the truth