Getting drunk to get over heartbreak?

Do most people do this? Is it bad to do because you're not facing your emotions?

37
Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• Nope I think going to the gym is the best medicine for heart break.

• lol I'm doing both rn. I haven't worked out so much before and prob the first time I've been getting so damn drunk. Defeats the purpose of the gym tho considering shots are like 100 cal each

• Yup stop the booze and go lift some weights or punch some bags.

• I tried last time, as a result I no longer drink.

• doesn't help, heartache floats

• I've done it, definitely not the best way to handle it though.

• There is no worse than those 2 narcotics alcohol and christianity
    Cuz they both numb name

• I don't drink

• I guess some people do this but some people just get drunk for no reasons at all

What Girls Said 3

• No, most people don't do that.
    I find it bad, because it shows their weakness, and willingness to harm their body, or at least mind, whenever they face heartbreak/stress, or etc.

A very close family member went through a breakup, though it affected his college, he did not go to the bar, or other such places to drink his sorrows away.

He dealt with it properly, though hard at first, eventually, with time and getting busy with himself, and his career and family, he was able to overcome it and get better. Now he owns a house, a car, has a job, graduated, and is married. (Not to his ex; she is long forgotten)

• Isn't that double the headache

• it could be good and bad. you know... you could get drunk thinking you'll forget it, but after that you'll just feel worse