What would you do if your ex owed you 2k?

The title really says it all. Serious question about getting back 2k off/from your ex.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• If the money is the real issue for you then you can ask for it back but there's nothing much more you can do than ask. Without any kind of contract in place then you have little chance of enforcing repayment.

If you are trying to use the debt as some kind of bargaining chip or tool of revenge then it will likely be futile.

• 'If' 'use the debt as some kind of bargaining chip or tool of revenge'

Um are you kidding?

For your information I left him. I also have in writing that he owes me the money and that he will pay me back.

I also lent him the fucking money to go back to his dads funeral!

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't lend anyone that kind of money only if its a family member who is in a very troubled financial situation but with paper proof. In your case, I would call and firmly ask back or get a debt collector to do it and disregard what he thinks of it. Let him whine and get angry. He is out of your life and the majority of your money will be paid back to you. :) :)

• At this point all you want is what is owed and that should be arranged without concern for a dishonorable person.

• He's just a total ass! I honestly pity the next girl who meets/dates him, he should come with a warning.

What Guys Said 7

• Nothing. That's how much I spend on a pair of shoes. She can keep the $2k if she wants, I don't have the time/patience to be fighting over money.

• I do not want to fight over money either, there is no need to fight, what's right is right? I lent you the money so you could go home to your fathers funeral, you said you'd pay it back, you haven't. So you pay it back. No fight necessary, its what you owe, it's in black and white print as proof as evidence as well.

• I won't ask it back. it is less than 1 months salary in USA.

• 2k is not chump change my friend. Don't be silly and pretend it is.

So your saying you'll go to the bank get a bag of cask 2 k and light it on fire as it's no big deal. Bs absolute bs!

Pay what you say your going to. Be a man. Hold your word. I'm not a bank. I'm not your girlfriend. The debt collectors will get it from him then. I want nothing to do with him. He's a weak excuse of a human.

• Does Federal Bank rules restrict cash payments over a certain limit in USA?

• I'm in Australia, as is he, unfortunately. And no not that I'm aware of.

• tell him if he don't file a complaint.. he should know 2k is not a small thing..

• Thank fuck someone finally gets it. 2k is not a small amount at all.

I lent it to him so he could go back to his dads funeral as well.

I don't want to be with him, I don't want to cause trouble, I don't want anything bar what he said he would give back which is my money.

2k is a lot of money!

• all the best.. hope he returns it..

• Thank you xx

Last time I ever help out a guy

• if you offer to take him to court (with paper) you'll get it back pretty fast.

Source: Personal Experience

• Good luck with getting your 2k back.

• I'm going to get debt collectors involved. I'm sick of this shit. It was a loan. He said he'd pay it back. I'm not a bank. Nor his girlfriend anymore. Do what your word said. Be a fucking man for once.

I don't want to talk to him, be in contact, or Nything to do with him, but I want my money, so debt collects it is. Fuk him.

• ask him back telling him you need them in some emergency

• I honestly don't want to even speak to him.

I'm thinking of getting debt collects involved. I want nothing to do with the guy. But I do want my money back.

• Oh trust me I've let him be this time. Not a single contact at all. I've zero interest in him or his life. Zero.

But I feel once this money is dealt with it's my final thing tying me to him. I'll be completely free

• don't worry you will get you money back just sell it to debt agency and be confident he can't do anything to you ๐Ÿ˜‰

• use it for cremation services

• Haha I wish. There's only two people that have hurt me this much in life, one being my sister and the other him. Two pure evil people. That I let hurt me over and over for too many years before finally saying I don't deserve it and I need you out of my life.

Both usedme for money amongst other things as well!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!