Ex unblocked me on facebook - does it mean anything?

So basically it's been almost a year since we started dating and about 9 months since we broke up. We ended things on fairly friendly terms, no cheating or fights on either side, just decided it wasn't working out as well, that sort of thing, nothing too special. A few days after the break up I noticed he blocked me on facebook, I thought "okay, that's fine, he doesn't want me stalking him or whatever".
A few days ago I noticed in my facebook app that he was showing up in the contacts list, which was a bit surprising, since I was supposed to be blocked. To be completely honest, being a tad curious I did go snooping a bit about a month or two ago and found that I was still blocked at that time, which seemed normal - hasn't unblocked me since - cool, neither of us can stalk, moving on with our lives, blah blah blah. But now it's been 9 months and he decided to unblock me. Why now? What's even the point of unblocking me at this point?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Why do you care? He's an ex

• Honestly, I still kinda feel bittersweet, since he was my first boyfriend and like I said, we ended it on good terms. I don't have absolutely any feelings towards him anymore, it was just shocking in a way and I feel curious.

• SOCIAL MEDIA doesn't EQUAL REAL LIFE

What Girls Said 1

• So first off, if everything ended on friendly terms he wouldn't have blocked you on Facebook. There had to be some hurt feelings somewhere. Anyway the reason he unblocked you Is one of two things. One he could be still interested in you/want to be friends again. Second reason is somethings changed in his life. It could be monetary, could be living situation , it could be he has a new girlfriend ... The point is he might be just be showing off in order to piss you off or make you jealous.

• That's the thing - I have no idea why he blocked me, it all ended with an hour long call just talking where things went wrong and that we just weren't the people to be with each other. Looked up the profile to see - no relationship info, no pictures nor posts about a new partner. Absolutely nothing, and I guess that's why it bothers me, because I was probably expecting to see some sort of attempts to do that. Thank you for the insights!

• You could try talking to him. Message or call him (if possible call him it's more personal and meaningful ) and tell them you noticed that he unblocked you and you were wanting to be friends again (just don't directly go out and ask why he blocked you. When he's ready he'll explain it) Maybe invite him to go do something with you like catch a bite to eat together. See what his response is , evaluate it. it'll tell you what his reason is for unblocking you.