How long should a silent treatment last?

My boyfriend and I had a fight yesterday. Normally when we fight, it's usually after a day I'm the one to say we need to talk. This time, he started the nonsense and he fought unfairly. I refuse to say anything until he says something first. How long should I wait for my boyfriend to "chill off" until I break it off if he doesn't say anything?

2d
been two days now

33
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• isn't the whole point out of it, not to say hurtful things when ur in the heat of the moment? when your cool enough, approach him.
    As of who speaks first, its a maturity thing really. Which i assume is you in this situation 😊

• It's only lasted more than a couple hours for me on one occasion. And when we eventually did speak again it was to break up.

• Don't give the silent treatment

• 2d

I never give it, he does.

What Girls Said 3

• as long as you're pissed for. probably no more than a week, though, or it's pretty safe to assume a breakup is coming.

• thats so immature

• 2d

Who? Me or him?

• 2d

But couldn't he be the bigger person for once?

• 2d

he could but he clearly doesn't want to

• He stonewalls you when ever the two of you argue.
    Not good dear.
    Arguing in a relationship is fine as long as there are no personal attacks.

• 2d

He did a lot of it, and now he hasn't texted me for 2 days.