Who cries more after a breakup?

• Women
  • Men
Select a gender to cast your vote:

923

What Guys Said 23

• i expected women to vote for women but not men to vote for men that much. I suspect some of them have never been in a relation ship though.

I have found out though that guys tend to have it worse when it comes to breakups. Girls have loads of friends they can go to and cry with but how often do you see a guy talking about his breakup and how he feels about it. Ofc he will mention it at some point and have a short chat about it but we tend to keep it to ourselves quite often. And we never do quite move on with some breakups. So a single breakup has a much bigger chance of letting a guy cry for many years then it would for a girl.

• In my opinion women are more resilient than men. They may cry and be upset for a time, but in general I feel it is a shorter time. Men when dedicated to a relationship can be devastated and even suicidal. The problem being that women often share their problems with others where a man will bottle it up inside and this is very destructive. Outwardly he may not physically cry, but inside he can be ripped up. I think it takes men a number of years, if ever, to get over a divorce.

• Depends which individual had more investment in the former relationship , men generally do not cry , but bottle it up. Women have far more options than men do , if they so choose. Most men are often single for several months , if not years afterwards , very few men are consistently attractive to women... let's be honest !!

In my case , I dumped my ex wife , she was in floods of tears , but I could not take her laziness , slobishness & constant whining , complaining & blaming ( had a " nothing is ever my fault " type attitude !! ) So I took her back to her parents & remain a single dad , but much happier without her !!

• Whoever was more vested into it.

• Women, some girl got dumped and she was in the bathroom crying the whole damn time. They only been dating for two weeks like wtf

• Girls cry it out. Guys hold it in and let it fester as a mental illness.

• The one who was more into it

• Women cry more, but I've cried over break ups. I'm sensitive type guy.

• The girl, duh. Guys seldom cry over anything and tend to get over it (whatever caused the sad day) quicker.

• it depends on the person and how they are, how devoted they were to the relationship, and for most men whether or not they just try to hide it. but in general probably women bc theyre more willing to openly express their emotions as guys can feel the same as the woman, but be more likely to hide it.

• Men are typically more hesitant. Trying not to so they won't feel weak.

• Women cry with their eyes while men cry with their hearts.

• Women

• it's my personal opinion. I m suffering more coz they are happy. I had two. both I got very much pain

• Women cry, Men will just bottle it up. And that's worse.

• I'd say women. They're naturally more emotional, but there's also some men that are also extra sensitive which is fine

• None. ­čÄÁeverybody hurts, sometimes everybody cries ­čÄÁ

• Women get it out all at once. Men do so over time.

• Depends

• It's guys.

• I'd be sad but wouldn't cry

• It's all a matter of the person and what happened in the break up.

• Going by my last break up, men.

I cried like a bitch for months.

She didn't shed a tear, was too busy with her new boyfriend.

What Girls Said 9

• Women, but that doesn't mean they're more upset.

Men are generally more upset after a breakup: www.yourtango.com/.../breakup-men-suffer-love-sickness-more-women

but they typically cope with their emotions differently. More women cry when they're upset, whereas men - despite being equally or often even more upset - cope with their emotions differently.

f.cloud.github.com/.../...e3-8d5e-3c24e37afa41.png

• Honestly, if a guy really loved the girl or was into her, I think they tend to take it worse and it leaves a long term effect on them. For some guys one hurt is all it takes to emotionally damage them and they carry that around for years, like it becomes a part of them. They're just better at hiding it by showing lack of emotion physically, but on the inside they can become emotionally unavailable and it can stick with them.

• The dumped one

• depends in the breakup

• Women cry it out as soon as it happens for a while, and grieve it out then move on. From what I've seen and even heard guys confess, they grieve later and usually it ends up leaving more of an effect on them.

• The one who's been dumped

• Women

• Depends on the person/situation. But I think women more often do. (maybe I'm just feeding into stereotypes haha)

• Ugh. The way my sister used to cry rivers... it drove me crazy!!!

• In most cases, it's the girl.