Have you ever stayed friends with an ex?

What was their major trait that made you want to have them around as a friend or be friendly towards them? Have you ever stayed friends with an ex?

925

What Guys Said 25

• I've attempted several times, don't get me wrong, but in the end it really doesn't work out. There's a reason why I no longer have a relationship with them, I'm not looking to prolong the toxicity of their character. Though I guess it would depend on why you broke up I guess, the most common reason for me was because they were whores.

• Nope. There's no point. Not to sound harsh, but I have enugh friends as is. And when I do get into a new relationship at some point, the last thing I want to deal with is my new girl hating the fact that I'm friends with an ex. It's just not worth it.

• I am friends with many of my ex's, the reason we got together in the first place was because she was a cool person who I wanted to get to know, that doesn't change if we didn't work out as a couple. Ex's are ex's for reasons but that doesn't mean those reasons will necessarily preclude friendship

• Couldn't agree more. It really shows how mature you both are, as long as the reasons to end it were not harmful to any of you

• Yeah. Because she is a genuinely nice person who is a friend and she is like family. There is no animosity. I'm not the type to hold grudges & I focus on now/tomorrow more than yesterday.

• Just the fact she's the mother of my child. I have never said a bad word towards her and yet I don't really like her at all. Go figure!

• Many of them. We got together cause we got along in the first place. Often doesn't change just cause we figured out not fully compatible

• God no. Never have. Never will.

• yes. I date good people and like to be friends even if it won't work out.

• Yeah I've tried a few times. The friendships never really worked out though.
    That or we either ended up getting feelings for each other again

• I can relate to the catching feelings again part. I just learned to look at them as a reminder of why i wanted to stay friends.

• i'm trying to

• nope would never stay friends with them

• Yes... its very tough though... we still talk but we are not friends in actual sense...

• What actual sense?

• Lmao, thanks for the clarification!

• Nope f#%k em!

• Yes, and it worked fine!

• no. because its a very stupid thing to do

• Nope.

We broke up for a reason.

Once you are an ex- you are out of my life forever.

• Not a single one. They're all exes for a reason.

• only one of my exes would I consider a friend; she was then one ex out of 4 that DIDN'T cheat on me lol

• I stayed friend to those I left

• yes, it depends on how u feel towards him and if u moved on or not

• maybe you love him still.. no, I never "close friends"

• Yeah my ex wife, a lot has to do with having kids together but also we know everything about each other, we also don't fight anymore

• no, that's silly. and for that exact reason, they usually still like you, and would only get in the way of a new relationship. charles and diana split because he was cheating on her with his ex

• never

What Girls Said 9

• My ex said we'd stay friends but I haven't heard from him in 8 months, so f*ck him. lol

• Yep I've stayed friends so far with one out of two of my exes. It ended pretty well between us and he's a genuinely nice guy so we stayed friends.

• I better no

• I'm friendly with most all my exes. but we aren't "friends" in the sense that we talk or see each other regularly.

• Yeah, but that's because we were young and noticed that we were better off as friends. We both agreed and, though we're not as close as we used to be, we're still close friends.

• Yes. The one ex I have is a friend on Facebook

• Im friends with one of my ex's we are trying but its okay at times it can get hard at times.

• Hell no

• I have :) mainly as it wasn't a long relationship and by that point as it was mutual ending we knew that much about each other it was a waste to stop talking. He was my rock for a long time