I don't deserve love?

My ex and I got back together recently. I've made mistakes in the past, cheated a lot and broke his heart and then when I didn't have him anymore, I realized how much in love with him I really was. I reconnected with him last year but he was dating someone else. He left her because he realized that he was still in love with me and we got back together. His ex found out and I also found out he didn't actually tell her that we broke up but just ghosted and she found out through social media.

I understand how hurt she was and I'm sorry that I caused it, but since then she's spewed so much venom at me it's pathetic. The other day she called a cheating skank, told me that I was always going to be a cheater and that I didn't deserve love. She said that I deserved to be "fucked once and then dumped afterward". I found out she was in love with my boyfriend for years. We just got engaged and have a wedding date set for next summer. I'm happy with him and for the first time our relationship is working out beautifully, but she's ruining it for both of us. My boyfriend got so angry with her for attacking me that he almost forgot she was a girl and hit her. I was crying. I know I made mistakes but does that mean I don't deserve love? Is she right?

26

What Guys Said 6

• No, she's not right. It wasn't your fault he never told her. She got a raw deal, sure, but if your boyfriend doesn't love her, then she should move on, and leave you two in the position you should have been in, in the first place. Your behaviour isn't exemplary, but at least you acknowledge that, and now have a chance to try again. Good Luck to the pair of you, and remember, in times of doubt, it's important to talk to each other.

• I don't think you should blame yourself for all this. And don't keep your past weigh you down. You changed and you won't cheat again. He is the one who didn't handle things the right way, he broke her and she's taking it out on you. When you reconnected with him you didn't know he's envolved with someone right?
    so he just chose you over her cuz he's more infatuated by you.. so it's not your fault!
    just don't ever cheat again cuz that will prove that you are a bad person and you didn't change.

• It's not because she is a girl you can't hit them there are exceptions. and that is physical violence. If the only used words though then he shouldn't have hit her.

• No she's not. Your boyfriend could have handled things better with her. But is sounds like it would have made no difference to her.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. (Shakespear)

• u do (warning i totally didn't read it)

• If He Likes You Then You Deserve Him

What Girls Said 2

• That's not true. Everyone is deserving of being loved.

• No. Absolutely not. I was in the exe's place last year however my wrath was directed at the guy not at the other girl. He's the one who was wrong in this situation.

You made mistakes honey, we all do. But if you've really changed you most certainly do deserve another chance. She didn't mean any of the things she said to you, and if she's truly a decent person she'll regret saying them. She's angry at him not you. Unfortunately, as women when we really like a guy we don't always see him as the bad guy because we don't want to.

If you didn't know that he was with someone then he's the bad guy here however, if you knew that he was with someone else when you reconnected and still went after him then you are not exactly the victim either. But it doesn't sound to me like you did. The blame falls on the two of them but most of all your boyfriend. Just don't cheat again because that will only prove that she's right and you didn't change.