My boyfriend has ended our relationship because we are from different religions and his parents will not accept me?

I have been with my boyfriend for a little over two years and he has ended our relationship because his parents found out that I was a different religion to him. In fact, I'm not. My mum and dad are both different religions and I follow the same as my mum. I have been begging to make things work and said that things take time and eventually everything will work out but he is not having any of it. We both love one another a lot so it is a shame to let a religion come inbetween us. How do I convince his parents to let us be together and convince him that everything will work out?

012

What Guys Said 12

• Forget it. He isn't man enough nor does he love you enough to defy his parents to be with you. You need a man not another pussy

• He claims he still loves me and religion is the only reason he has chosen to end things

• Honey if he loved you enough nothing would keep him away from you. He doesn't love you enough. What his parents think is more important than you

• Say that you converted to your dad's religion. However that would only be a temporary thing seeing as how you chose your mother's for a reason.

• He is the same religion as my mother that's why I don't see the issue

• Really well then they are just a bit to closed minded. Maybe have your mum talk to his parents.

• lol you are lucky... for you only religion matters , but for me both religion and caste matters... but if I really loved someone , I won't mind all those shit... and will marry her...

• Speak to my boyfriend pls lol

• Aha 😂 no seriously how do I persuade him to give things a chance

• you can't... I am sorry... to say it... he won't go against his parents and religion for you...( that means if I was him... I never truly loved you ) ... so nothing you can... do sorry... for saying it though... I know you loved him... so are you ready to Change your religious preference after marriage if yep... then go and say it to him... who knows it might help him reconsider... if no... still not your fault... be happy with your choice and move on...

• This man doesn't love you. Move on.

• you guys both know about this from the beginning... so its not about eeligion now... and in my opinion you must not beg for anything.. if he really wants to be with you he must fight for you.. when a difficult situation comes you both ajve to face it together.. and this situation is one such thing.. so if you both can't manage this.. then its better to let go this relationship..

• I'm in the same situation. Me and my ex dated for 3 years on and off. She was Mormon and I wasn't. Her parents hated me.
    I eventually proposed because I thought we could get over it. But she broke up with me a month later and went on her mission. She doesn't feel like we can get married.
    I still don't want to give up, but it's hard to hold your head up during it.
    I was told that true love conquers all, and we really loved each other. I never know what may happen. But it's hard when they do that

• You're lucky your girlfriend actually stuck by you and spoke to you throughout. My boyfriend feels as though he needs to not speak to me in order to get over me as when he speaks to me he feels hurt.
      I honestly would do anything to prove to his family that I am the right one but I just need to convince him to give me the chance to do so.
      I understand his getting pressure from his parents but if u live someone u can get through it.
      Anything u recommend I could do to convince him

• I'm still unable to send u a message first?

• follow me and we will be able to. you're account is private

• Stupid!
    Didn't he know the religion before? Do not trust these spineless fellows who can't even convince his parents and honor the love.

• Thats gay...

• Love it's not religion (:
    and if he end your relation just for ( somehow this religion)

let him go never mind :)

• let the things go now just continue as before but don't make relations with other one. at the time everything will settle.

• which is ur religion? ?

• accept the condition and move on..

• I don't wish to do so

• then approach his parent.. and convinced them that you are best for them and him.
      religion dozen matters huminity can defeat religious aspects

• god bless you
      god luck

What Girls Said 0