Why do I always start crying when it's time for me to leave my dad's house and go back home (my mum's house)?

my dad left my mum when i was 4 or 5 for another woman. i'm 15 now and in the summer, l visit my dad. he lives far away from me, so that's why I only visit him in the summer. every single time i go and visit my dad, during the week of staying there, i'm always crying. when it's time for me to go and bus arrives, i start crying. last summer, i tried to hold it together but as i started to enter the bus, i started crying. i just feel so hurt. I love visiting my dad in the summer, but now I don't feel like going this summer, because i always feel hurt when I do. being surrounded by the lady that destroyed my family, and then her children, I just feel so hurt. and by the way, she destroyed my family because she stole my dad from my mum when she knew my dad and mum were married and had a child together. I just need advice. should I go and visit him? what can I do to help control these feelings when I visit my dad?

14

What Guys Said 4

• I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's not easy and I can only imagine what you are going through. He is still your dad and you will miss him no matter what he has done to you. We can't make the decision for you, but all I can say is your dad is in the wrong as much as the other women because it takes two to ruin someones life and family in this kind of situation. Best way to figure out on whether or not he's still worth investing your time with is by questioning or reflecting if he still cares, loves you and there for you when it counts the most. Only then can you truly answer your question.

• Have you ever considered that your dad wasn't happy with your mom? He wouldn't have left if there wasn't some kind of problem.

• oh , you poor girl. ask for your moms permission to spend a bit more time with your dad. its understandable for a child to wanna see her/his dad, but if you also leave her, your mom may feel like everyone is abandoning her. you can't make her feel like that at any cost. which is why you need to talk to her and try to make her understand you need him a bit more. then talk to your dad about spending more time together. wow, its very sad to read about you being in this situation

• see the truth is leaving ur mom and staying with other lady is a conscious decision of ur father but the other side of coin is if he love you just love him back why the hell do u care for the lady. if ur presence gives him happiness and u expect him to be happy just go and meet him and about crying its natural as u love ur father and u gonna leave him so just stay calm when u leave and when u feel cry divert urself from thought

What Girls Said 1

• Also keep in mind its not like she dragged your dad away, kicking and screaming. It takes two to tango. He's just as guilty as she is.

• This is a good answer; but I still think you should visit your dad anyways if you like seeing him. It would be different if he was an evil man.