What was your most painful breakup and why?

159

What Girls Said 15

• My last breakup. We were together for 4 years and then one day he just dumped me. He was weird few weeks before that but whenever I would ask him if everything's okay he would say that nothing's wrong. I knew it, I felt it, but he neglected it every time making me believe that I'm crazy. When he dumped he didn't even give me a reason. I kept asking why and he kept saying he doesn't know, that it's not me I didn't do anything wrong that it's just him and his personal issues. I asked him if there was someone else and he said no. A week after the breakup I found out that he was cheating on me for the last 6 months with my close friend. The breakup itself didn't hurt as much as the feeling that they made a fool out of me. That I gave him plenty of chances to confess but didn't. I kept rewinding every day of those 6 months in my head, every moment we were together and every time she was with us, the disgusting feeling of moments when I gave my whole body and soul to him while he was thinking about another women. It was the second most painful experience in my life, I was depressed for like a year. It took me SO MUCH effort to get over it, but it leave a permanent scar called TRUST ISSUES.

• I think my first ever serious relationship. I wasn't sure where things went wrong for him to cheat on me. It was hard. I was still young and I didn't know how to deal with it.

• I have had many of boyfriends in my day lol but the only one that truly, really hurt me deep down to my bitter core, was my first love---no not my first boyfriend or who i lost my virginity too----my first true love, and still to this day i believe he is my soul mate and we were just too young to make a relationship work... i was with him from the time i was 14 til the time i was 20... he was the one for me but i screwed up and pushed him away... ill never have him back and i live in total regret every day of my life. Never let the one you love get away. Dont live in regret like me.

• My first boyfriend ever. I was in high school. I really liked him a lot. He was white and I was the only black person there. He broke up with me because of the racist things his family and friends were saying. He broke up with me via instant messaging then dated my friend. Talk about heartbroken 💔

• Probably the one I just went through when he promised to be different than every other guy that just uses me and then betrays my trust and then went out of his way to show me how a guy should treat me and then he went and hung out all the time with his ex and betrayed my trust. He wanted to be the guy who was different but in the end he was just like every other one and I think that's what hurt the most.

• Honestly, I never had one that was really bad. It was almost always clean, mutual or easy.

• Never had one real breakup before.

• my ex boyfriend of 6 years ago, lots of emotion involved because of the way we met and the way it ended was abrupt. The heart doesn't take abrupt too well.

• when I have to leave my piece of cake because I already ate too much, it was too painful, I still can't get over it

• i just broke up yesterday.. 😢😢😢😢 he is depressed and that change it all. He basically pushed me away with his negative temperament.

• My ex boyfriend, we stayed 7yrs together, I decided to break up because I was lonely. I gave him another chance 6months after because he was chasing me but it was even worst and now I feel like I've been betrayed

• 1d

why did you feel lonely with him? was he very selfish?

• i only had one break up and it was because he was a fuck guy and he cheated on me

• I was in a long- term relationship. I spent all my savings and wages on our home. He fraudulently forged my signature and took everything I had. He took my home , just literally everything. I ended up homeless with nothing at all. I became severely depressed

One day I decided to change my life. So I regained my strength and rebuilt my life. I now have back more than I ever lost. Although it was a painful time, the pain has helped me to discover my own strength and independence.

Pain makes you stronger but strength only means- how well you hide your pain

• That's crazy :-/ ♥

• 1d

wow that must have been really hard. but yeah life sometimes has very painful way to teach us things or make us stronger... congrats for the strength you have!

• None bc they weren't deep.

• you can't really break up when the reason for being together was fake so probably just the acceptence that i never really was with anyone.

What Guys Said 9

• Back in teenage years. The older sister broke us up by force..4 years older. But it wasn't anything so serious.

• thats not pain "Heart break" is is panic response to knowing a sensory trigger will no longer be available to secrete the oxitocin, melatonin, and dopamine that you've been happily becoming dependent on. to resolve this your brain overcompensates by releasing cortisol, because the human brain is a fucking idiot sometimes. so yeah not pain, more temporary insanity through strong chemical withdrawal.

• When my cat looked me in the eye and decided to go with my ex, in his defense I didn't spend enough time with him :'(

• Of course I get sad on break ups, but it doesn't last, cause if I like someone and this person don't like me, I want him/her to be happy, that's what liking someone is... and you lost someone who didn't like you, but the other person lost someone who used to like him/her...

• Going to surprise my girlfriend and finding her having sex with someone I thought was my friend. When she tried to talk to me, there was a lot of anger and hurt. And for the record, even if he is using a condom it is still sex.

• Yeah it is. Did she tell you it was OK because he used a condom? Is she stupid or did she think you were stupid?

• @Receoso she tried explaining that a condom prevents penetration because it is the condom inside and not his dick. Even though his dick in the the condom that was in her.

• Ok that was the worst excuse ever good thing you found that out man... I'll never trust a gir 100%

• My first and only girlfriend she dumped me when my life was shit, stopped studying because of money, family dispersed, uncle killed and another died in an accident, dad had a hault in his job, mom crying every night, brother flunking high school, and I loved her deeply. For the year and 5 months we were together I was faithful and committed. I tried to give her my all and my all wasn't enough it took a big toll on my well being... and all that happened in a months time...

• My ex wife, mother of my only child, it sucked for less than 48 hours.

• HAHAHAHAHA that's awesome. I could tell you have that upbeat attitude from the profile pic!

• wife cheated on me while I was demoted in Iraq. This was after I came gone in emergency leave because she attempted suicide