How do I move on from a broken heart?

My boyfriend and I broke up... And I really just need to move on. He dumped me months ago, and I just want to forget :( help?

Thanks everyone :(

Most Helpful Opinion

• When my boyfriend and I broke up, I did not take it well. I could not eat. I had trouble falling asleep. Everything reminded me of him. My bed, my clothes, my tooth brush, cooking food, coffee, going to work, going out with my friends, picking up my daughter. Literally everything. What helped me was I literally had to change everything about the way I went through my day. Instead of a long shower in the evening where I used to think about him, I took a short one in the morning while I was still semi conscious. Instead of cooking at home like we would together, I did take out. I got some new clothes that I didn't have memories of him taking off me. And I stayed up later in the evening so that when my head hit the pillow I would not lay there thinking about him. And I started doing things with my friends that he had never wanted to do with me. Eventually The feelings faded and I could go back to my old way of life. But for a bit there it was hard. hang in there. No one ever died of a broken heart. You will start feeling like yourself again.