• Ask
  • myTake

He wants to break up because he says I deserve better, what do I do?

while having a late night conversation over text with my boyfriend, he asked me to tell him the reasons of why I liked him and I was okay with it... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• I feel like there are some missing pieces here. Why is there all this talk of breaking up? Is this the first time it's been mentioned? We'd have to know your complete relationship history to get a better understanding of what's going on.

For example, if your boyfriend often has these sorts of mood swings where he feels like you're too good for him then it could be a sign of an underlying problem such as depression. Or, it could simply be he's not very confident in himself and needs constant reminders from you. That's something you can probably determine by examining your relationship.

Conversely, if this "not good enough" attitude is something recent then there may be an event that triggered it. I'm not saying he's cheated on you, but infidelity can cause this kind of behaviour. It's also the way some people end relationships. They are afraid to confront the person and end the relationship so instead they try to sabotage it or use a variation of the "it's not you, it's me" excuse (which is essentially what he's saying when he tells you that you deserve better).

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

0/2500