• Ask
  • myTake

Why do men just break up with you without any valid reason?

My boyfriend of almost 4 months who I knew for 4 years, we worked together, broke up with me via text. When we first got together he was a lot more... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sounds to me like he is emotionally shallow. People who are emotionally shallow tend to do the quick warm up "You're perfect for me, just what I've been looking for, etc" and then as soon as there is a bump in the road, small or large, they detach and call it quits. It's easier for them to start out fresh instead of sticking around to work on it. They just DON'T know how. Sounds like my ex to a T. The first few months it was all about how great our relationship was and how he wanted me to meet his family and he mine, and then he just never got around to scheduling a time for me to meet his folks, months passed, and then one day he said he just wasn't "into" the relationship anymore and didn't think "it" could be fixed (still not sure what "it" was exactly).I'm sure at the beginning he thought he really did want everything he said he did, but he has shown what he is made of, and obviously doesn't have the capacity to follow the words (easier said than done) with actions ( real proof of commitment).Cut him loose, He has some growing up to do and you deserve someone who can meet you in the middle.

• Thanks. I'm sick of thinking about him. I miss what we had in the beginning not the cold hearted man he turned into. I can't believe I didn't see that him trying to rush into things was just infactuation. I figured a man that has been divorced would have been burned and want to take things slowly. He seemed so sure that I was the one for him, that for the first time in my life I let my guard down. I feel like a fool. A man I knew for 4 years just played me.

What Guys Said 2

• See here> link

• You said you were drama free.. so does that mean you were full of drama before?

• No not at all. I usually just go with the flow. I don't see the point in nagging and bring unnecessary stress to the relationship. I was trying to do the right thing by this guy, be kind and generous to both him and his son. I don't get how he went from so infactuated and in love to not wanting to even try and save what we had.

What Girls Said 1