Being the 2nd choice?

How do you feel about being with someone if you are their second choice? For example: They knew you liked them but they started dating someone... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• this is happening to me right now actually. I tried to rekindle things with an ex girlfriend I had feelings for and she had just recently ended things with a guy. After like 2 months of seeing each other again she was driving by the dude and told me through text that she saw him and realized she still "was in love with him" and she "couldn't do this anymore" referring to me and her. Id sahy about 2 or 3 weeks later she hit me up again saying she chose me and she wanted me back blah blah blah and just needed time to think. I even tonight got some texts from her saying she "still loved me" and was pulling out all the stops. I know for a fact the other guy did not want her so I was just her second choice. So this question really hits home. I've just been telling her she had her chance and I don't feel bad because I gave all my effort the first time and it wasn't good enough so not going to put myself through that again. I know its hard to let go because for me I still have feelings for her but the more pathetic she gets with trying to text me the more I realize she just is playing a big game and turns me off. So do not fall into that its just someone else filling their void of not wanting to be alone. If your not going to be the persons first choice, their is someone where you will be. They will also always have that in the back of their head if that "other" person wants them again and may make some rash descions that will result in you getting hurt. For me I am still dealing with this issue and has not been easy to handle. Best of luck to you.

• ugh that really sucks. It is kinda sad that we are being used for caring. Good luck to you too!