Best way to dump a long term girlfriend?

We have been dating about 17 months. She definitely loves me more than I love her, its always been that way. (I am not a jerk, at one point I really did have strong feelings for her. There is always just one person that likes the other more in a relationship.) I'm studying abroad right now, and have been away for 2 months, and will be gone another 2. I just get annoyed at her whenever we talk, and just a lot of things she does bugs me now. I guess its probably not very fair to keep dating her when I am not really feeling it, right?

How does one go about doing this the nice way? I don't hate her, I still care about her, just don't want to date her very much. Should I wait till I get back and do it in person? Should I give her a heads up? Then she would feel like she should change for me, but again I don't think its ever fair to ask someone to change for you...

I just really don't want to be with this girl for the rest of my life.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• SAY: I need to let you go... There is nothing at all that is your fault or anything you did wrong at all... You are a wonderful girl and I will always remeber our time we shared and I thankyou for improving my life... However I need to move on for myself , I wish I knew or had an answer for why I feel the way I do... But you desreve better and someone who loves you the way you need to be and deserve to be... I am so sorry for this, I have been fighting for a little while now and I just can't force this anymore, Godbless and good luck with your life ... Please don't be mad It is just not fate... Bye !

• Best answer ^1

You don't need to say all that, but pick a few of em. Don't wait, tell her asap.

• i totally agree with him.

What Girls Said 2

• Work through it if you can. If you can't work through it before marriage, how will you work through it when you are married?

Anyways, if you end up breaking up with her, do her the decency to break up with her in person. She deserves that. However, since you're away, do it over the phone. My ex broke up with me over facebook chat last year. It was 1am, and I was alone. Not cool...

• I feel the same way about my boyfriend right now! We've been together for almost a year now and he is totally and love with me and I care about him so I don't want to break his heart so I just can't bring myself to do it.. But I know if a guy felt that way about me then I would definitely want him to break it off.. I wouldn't want to b with someone who doesn't actually want to b with me.. But I guess I would deserve it.. because that's what I'm doing to my bf.. But I don't know how to do it either! I just know it needs done!

What Guys Said 2

• Tell her you're gay.

• I have this feeling you got spoiled by being loved :) You will date 1-2 girls which won't care as much about you as you do for them and you will realize what a huge mistake you made by letting this one go. Mark my words ;)