Why is my girlfriend still talking with her ex?

My girlfriend and I have been going out for 5 months now and I love her with all my heart. I know she's the one I want to marry and I already bought an engagement ring. However a couple weeks ago her ex started calling her. Her ex had broken up with her then gone to basic training for the army and just got a phone. She tells me that I am the best thing that ever happened to her and that she wants to marry me, but she still has feelings for her ex. I understand the feelings she has because I had a long relationship once too, and I know that it takes a while to get over them. I don't like her talking to him because he talks like they are still together but she still wants to be friends with him so I tell her it's ok. However, last night they talked about the sex that they had among other things. I don't like that she talks to him like that, how can I make her stop without making her dislike me for not letting her talk to him?

Now my girlfriend has informed me that over Christmas break she may be spending the night at his house. She had planned on seeing him one day which I was ok with, but when she told me she might stay the night I had no idea what to do.
She tells me that if I trusted her I would be fine with it because nothing is going to happen, they're just friends, and I believe her. That doesn't make me any more comfortable with it though. I'm confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok if I were you I would be very unhappy with my girlfriend. She and her ex will always be close because they were together for so long but she definitely needs to respect you and not talk about things like sex with him. Plus I think it is not right for her to be sleeping at her house- totally inappropriate and that will just make you feel awkward. I say you should sit her down and you two should talk about this because the situation will only get worse. You can't say she can't talk to him because he obviously was an important person in her life. I suggest you talk about how uncomfortable you become when she talks to him. Also tell her that talking about things like sex with him is not okay with you. She might be mad for a while but I definitely think you need to do this. Hope this helps!

• Thanks, definitely helps.