No contact after breakup?

Rule number one: NO CONTACT AFTER BREAK UP. why can't I seem to do this? My boyfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago, and we both kinda agreed no contact for a long time would be the best idea. Well more like he decided that. I just for some reason keep breaking the rule?!?! I've texted him,... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Start hanging out with some new guys, talk to a friend, read sappy romance novels (im telling you they are the one thing that will get you through it.) Reading about other peoples relationship success will make you feel better. They basically get me through everything. Make yourself too busy to think about your ex. Avoid all contact with the guy though. He is right. Time and distance cure everything. It hurts a lot at first, but after a while you won't think about him anymore. It takes me forever to get over guys.2 years was the longest it took.

You guys can only be friends again if and when neither of you have any feelings at all for each other. You can't just start being friends if one person is only doing it in hopes of getting back together.