Signs he's going to break up?

My boyfriend of 3 yrs has stopped coming over every night and calling every day. He usually wants to hang out with his friends and when we do talk, it's never about anything important. We don't laugh like we used to and we only have sex once a week or so. What gives? Is he about to break up with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• After three years it is natural to not be like you were at the beginning of the relationship. Its a part of being comfortable. So, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

However, in my past 2 relationships there was a point where I knew something was up. I had this gut feeling. My gut feeling was always right. Talk to him. Only one of three things can happen. He will be receptive and open to what you have to say and change, he will just assure you that everything is fine(he may or may not change), or he will tell you that it isn't working. In any of these cases, you will be fine.

What Experts Said

• 5|3
GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 3

• As a relationship progresses you feel the need for freedom sometimes, a so-called change of scene. You might want to give him that space, and see if that perks his interest. I know that when I'm in a relationship and the girl don't call me, I'm inclined to call her.

All relationships go through this phase, and he may be wanting more. You also need to prepare for the worse, and try to think of ways to close the relationship yourself. It may help when it comes "time to discuss."

• He will become distant, maybe even start to ignore you and your calls.

• Sorry, but it sounds like the usual pattern. here is an analogy, you don't quit a job until you have found another one right? same concept, you are being kept around until something else comes along. you need to talk about it if you have been together for 3 years, hope for the best & prepare for the worst.

• Chill, he won't dump you, his friends probably want him to hang out with them more. he won't dump you. 3 years is too much to just stop.

• I agree With Chillaxitwnthappen here

What Girls Said 16

• Hi Girl,

Well I think that you know a breakup is coming if your boyfriend starts to act differently than how he usually does.

If you find that he is spending more time doing things that he enjoys, hanging out with him friends or emersing himself in another part of his life, then yes I think that he trying to avoid or, or feels that the relationship no longer feeds his needs.

I think that the best way to solve this problem is through communication. Tell him how you feel .. without all the screaming, name calling and door slamming. Be honest and let him know that if he isn't happy that he has the right to leave.

sometimes relationships after a while can become a little stale, if the relationship isn't growing then the people in it need to look elsewhere. Figure out what you want out of it and talk to him

All the best with it

Hot Alpha Female

• Stops calling, stops coming over, stops caring, stops getting happy or mad. when he's just even and blah blah then something is up.

• I'm sorry but it sounds like my relationship I just ended. my ex did the same thing to me. he is either cheating, wants to break up with you, or found someone else and does not want to hurt you. I'm so sorry to answer your question with bad news.

• honestly I've been thru this...ALL you need Is a Spice in ur life...

u 2 need a vacation together :)

even as simple as a spa...plus he's gonna get to stare at you ALL Day and think about how much he loves u

• Ask him is he being true to you and do he wanna be with you still, ask him "why don't we do the things we do anymore?" let him know how you feel maybe he'll realize what he's doing...

More from Girls
11