Is staying busy after a breakup really the healthiest thing?

All of the "get over the breakup" advice I receive ranges from 1) Find someone new and QUICK! 2) Stay busy busy busy, don't stop to think about it. I... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I've never seen anyone say to find somebody else right away, you're right, a rebound relationship is not a good idea when you're heartbroken still.

I don't like "stay busy" either, I think it's more that you just need to get yourself back into your old routines, keep in touch with your friends and family, because they're your support system.

I think right after the break-up, it does help to talk to someone about it, not just push it away. Having a shoulder to cry on can help you heal. As long as you don't keep dwelling on it afterward. It's fine to have some time to yourself to cry it out or whatever you need to do. But eventually you need to pick up the pieces.