• Ask
  • myTake

How soon is too soon to start seeing someone else? Guys, What would you think?

So basically I went through a pretty bad breakup... just under three weeks ago. A week ago I met a guy in a club. He was really good looking and I... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• This would depend on how long the previous relationship was. Typically, I believe that if the relationship had any sort of substance in your life, three weeks would be too short. You really have to be careful after a relationship ends, since you do not want your next one to be a rebound. Guys do get hurt by these things as well. It seems that this guy is pretty cool, so give it time and be sure you are done with the last relationship before you go into the next one. As a guy, I would be really concerned that you wouldn't be ready for a relationship, but I know that spending time with you would be a good way to help you heal.

• I definitely don't wanna hurt this guy.. I do enjoy spending time with him though.I guess my biggest problem is I'm in two minds about whether I'm over my ex, and whether in the case that I'm not - is it relationship or friendship relevant?In any case I'm not gonna intentionally lead this guy down the garden path - I feel more concerned that my judgement is skewed as it can only be by rebounds.I wonder if the best thing I can do is keep talking to the other guys I've met recently / tha

• that have showed interest to clear up some of that confusion

What Guys Said 4

• Wouldn't care. Just want to get laid.

• 45 minutes LOL

• I'd take a few min /hrs to look over the situation. Later- I'd ask how you are. If it wasn't an issue you probably wouldn't have brought it up. I would probably back off a little bit. Not cut off ties all together, but slow it down. No point in rushing into a new relationship if you haven't gotten over the last one. And I'd thank you for being honest.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, it's only too soon if you're not over your ex.I remember, when I broke up with my ex (HAHA), I got a boyfriend within' 4 days or so.

• hahaha what did the new guy think of that initially?

• Show Older
    • well that worked out pretty sweet haha

• It did indeed. Then, again some guys would think that you'll do the same thing to them.