Really Need Some Help!!! What is he thinking?

My ex boyfriend and I dated for close to two years with most of it being long distance 3 hours away because he goes to college and we broke up about 3 months ago. When we first broke up, we had sex twice, the second time being very regretful to the point where I told him I wanted no contact for awhile and deleted him off of my Facebook. We just got back to talking and I saw him last night. We ended up having sex again but this time we were both happy and comfortable with one another. The reason we broke up was because I was his first girlfriend and he was curious about what it's like to date other girls. He told me last night that he misses being in a relationship and he thinks he will be alone for a long time because he is so shy. He said he was jealous of me because I can talk to people so easily and that the thought of me being with another guy makes him upset. He started crying because he feels very bad for bringing all of this up to me. He didn't exactly say that he wanted to get back together but I am really wondering what he is thinking. I could really use some advice. Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Am I the only one concerned about his motivations for suddenly coming back and trying to re-establish things?

My concern would be, does he want to be with me because he feels as though he can't meet other people or does he want to be with me because I'm the person he feels like he should be with.

I think you two should frankly continue to be broken up. Let him explore the world that he said he wanted to explore when he broke up with you (because my feelign is 3months is long enough time to start feeling lonely but not long enough for the self discovery he claimed was his reason for breaking up). You don't want to get back together with him, only to have him turn around in 3 months and say the same thing "I want to see what it's like dating other girls" which is basically like saying. I really love your cakes, but I want to taste other girl's cakes to see if I like theirs better.

that is just my opinion though. If you were to take him back it would have to be with the understanding that he can't repeat past mistakes and if he did that should be a wrap for him