• Ask
  • myTake

When To Move In Together?

When is it time to do so? I've been with my current boyfriend for four years. We've had a long distance relationship the past two since I moved to go... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• There is no set time. So I can't say when. I can say this though. If you're fighting as much as you are, and you don't feel right about it, then it's not a good idea to move in together. It's better you wait until the fighting stops and you feel OK again. He definitely needs to get over you being with someone else, because as you said, you WERE broken up at the time. but yeah, if you don't feel right about it, don't do it. Now is not the time. Wait until after he gets over this stupid thing, and wait until the fighting is at a bare minimum. Wait until it feels right. Otherwise it's just gonna go to hell.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's better to see how things go for a while now. Living together isn't an issuesolver, it could create more issues and I think that everything should go well before you move in together. If you have quite some arguments now that you're not living together, what will it be when you do live together? Try to solve the issues first before you take the big step.

• Obviously if you're having problems you should wait. But if y'all weren't having problems I would say wait til you guys are both out of college and working.