Had a magical relationship and then ends it without a warning and she needs space. why?

My ex and I were together for a month and for that month it was magic. We like all the same things, food, cooking for each other, four wheeling,... Show More

Another reason why I'm not a smothering personson is becasue my ex broke it off with me becasue she always wanted to be with me and was bothering me. So we talked and went somewhere without her and she was pissed off and said that she doesn't want to be with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that she just freaked out because you both were moving too far too fast. Especially since she just had a divorce, I'm guessing that she panicked and wanted to reevaluate the relationship because she didn't want to rush into another marriage only for history to repeat itself. I also was afraid when my boyfriend was super serious with me; after a month or two he told me he wanted to work through a long distance relationship (for 8 months!), move to my hometown, follow me to graduate school, etc. It was a lot to deal with and I panicked too. I quickly realized, however, that I ultimately wanted a serious relationship and I had a very sweet boyfriend who was offering that to me. Hopefully sharing my own experience will help you process what your girl might be going through. I'm surprised she ended it so quickly vs. talking it through with you; it must have been a knee-jerk reaction.

I would wait a little while and then contact her, either through a phone call, email, or your best friend. Explain that while you stand by what you said during the relationship, you would take it slow if it meant you got to be with her. I would just reiterate that you're sincere and interested, and have her interests at heart. Try to think with your head instead of your heart, so you two can truly get to know each other (it was only a month after all!) In my opinion that's really all you can do at this point. I hope she'll listen to you and will give the relationship another try!

• I do appreciate what you are telling me. Do you think when she told me that she doesn't want to talk and that it's over was just her putting up her walls so I wouldn't contact her so she can have her space and think about it? I don't have a problem slowing down what-so-ever, I'm all for it and want this to work between us. I am praying that she will give it another chance becuase what we had was perfect and as long as I am myslef and smothering that it would be a magical thing. Thank you

• Show Older
    • Yeah, I have no idea what her thought process was. Maybe she cut off all communication because she was afraid, and wants to reflect on her own wants/needs. Maybe she cut off all communication because she seriously wants to break all ties. Maybe she doesn't know why she did it. It's hard to tell with women haha. All you can do is hope it's the first scenario, and act accordingly. Good luck!

• I will...thank you for the advice. Every little bit counts. From wha everyone has been telling me seems like she got cold feet and bailed becasue it was too good to be true to her and it finally sunk in and that's what pushed her over the edge.