My ex boyfriend broke my heart and provoked me to cheat...how can I get him back?

Please don't come here to judge / blame.

One year ago, my ex boyfriend did sth to break my heart and he provoked me to cheat him (not serious, just kiss). I know this is not justifiable for the cheating and I felt guilt for it for a year.

But at that time I was so angry at him and hated him and I decided to move on for good.

But until today, I discovered I still love him because I can still cry for him almost every day. After so many dramas, I really realize he is the one I truly love.

How can I get him back?

My ex boyfriend said he forgave me already because he knew he had part of the responsibilities. But he lost the trust in me and he feels the things will not be the same anymore.

Also, I think part of him believe that we two do not match each other and so he want to move on.

Meanwhile, I could feel he still has feelings to me (I am not certain tho)...I really love him and am willing to rebuild a new relationship with him. What can I do?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If kissing counts as cheating most people including myself have cheated. Your only human, don't feel too bad. I know where you are coming from with feeling for your ex. I still care deeply for all my exes they were such important influences in my life and helped me become the man I am today. I let them go but I think sometimes I should have tried to get back together with some of them. As a guy I think I would have just asked for a date and if she agreed go on from there. If she wasn't interested I would have to respect her decision.

• Your welcome =)

• thank you for the advice :) I really hope we can get back tgt and I truly know how to love a person now

but meanwhile..i am also prepard that he might move on for good

• Nice, go out and don't bring up getting back together at all. Seriously if you want a chance don't bring up anything about getting back together. Just have fun. Feeling comfortable around each other and just being near each other he will be think of you two as a couple all by himself. Be yourself and the charming person he cares for and you two might have a chance after a while. If that doesn't happen at least you kept him as a friend. My best friends are two ex GFs.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 2

• If you do get him bake their is a greater likely hood of repeating the same mistake have an honest conversation about this with him. If he truly cared for you and forgave you the breakup was inevitable the kiss was most likely just an excuse. take care learn and move on.

By the way sockz gave you the best idea of what is going on in your head. Understand that the human psyche is complicated and this experience should help you understand more about your self.

• Simply spend more time with him. Start flirting with him a lot.

• but he is sort of avoiding me now after I found him too much last last weeks

What Girls Said 2

• He hurt you, so you used that as an excuse to cheat. The only person that provokes you to cheat is yourself. Someone else doing wrong doesn't make you change your morals, it makes you stick closer to them. So when it comes down to it, the reality is, you're a cheater and that's not his fault. He hurt you and that's not your fault. It's over. Time to move on. You're 'in love' with the memory of what once was. He's right, it wouldn't ever be the same again. You're missing something that cannot be.

• anyway, I won't give it up... I will keep on working hard to rebuild a new relationship with him, I don't need original relationship, but I hope to rebuild a new and stronger one with him.

• Regardless of who did wrong, once people are hurt, and you break up, the connection changes. I dated a guy for 2 years, we broke up, dated again for another year and it just was not the same. We eventually ended and I may never be completely over him, ever. Even though I have moved on and commited to another man. I'm just saying it changes the dynamics of everything you know about your relationship. If you try again, things will be different, I promise. Good luck to you.

• i am not missing sth that cannot be. In fact, after the incident, my ex boyfriend realized he did wrong and he knew he how much he loved me ( I m not sure if he still loves now). To me, I also think that the incident can make me a better person in loving people. I believe I can give him all the happiness and rebuild an even stronger relationship. I knew I did wrong, I just want to get him back now. This is my qustion.

• Show Older
  • I think you're mistaking grief for love. They are linked in a way but the two aren't the same.

Love cannot thrive without the other person's affections; whereas grief only exists in the absence of someone you once loved. You can still feel attracted to someone, of course; but you can't love someone that you haven't been in a relationship with for a long time like that. At least not in the same way that you did before.

I know fairy tales would have us all believe that there's only one prince charming in the whole wide world that's right for us. But the truth is that you can fall in love with just about anyone. It's the relationship that's the hard part for most people.

If this guy doesn't want to be in a relationship with you then you just need to move on. This is your time to get some closure on the grief you've been experiencing for the last year. Once you put him behind you, you'll be able to smile again. The world will feel like you've just been born and you'll find someone more deserving of the love that you have to share.

• but what if I can still feel he has feelings too? :( I really want him back