Are a drunk man's words a sober man's thoughts??

Ok, so I was at this person's birthday party and he was REALLY drunk! He and I have talked for hours and hours before & I really like him. He continued to come up to JUST me at the party and put his arm around me and ask if I wanted to go make out, loud enough so everyone could hear. I would... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with your first comment that a "drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts".

The first problem is that it sounds like he would have trouble being discreet. And the second problem is that if his wife is cheating on him, he is ignoring her in the bedroom. Two good reasons for you to ignore his advances. Not lecturing, because it sounds like you are being ignored too, or you would be more offended by his pawing.

I have a theory. Men cheat if they can get away with it, women cheat if they are ignored by their husband. Women are usually offended by advances from another man if she is happily married. Of course it can go both ways, a man will cheat if he is ignored too, but the rule of thumb is women don't usually step out if their man is paying attention to them.

Another rule of thought I subscribe to is if a man accuses his wife of cheating when there is no real evidence, he is usually cheating and projecting his guilt onto his wife.

I believe in open marriages, being honest, and if you like the wild side, swinging is the best option.

Good Luck,

• You seem to understand marriage dynamics. I'm starting to believe in open marriage too. Yes, I'm DEF getting ignored...4 over a year. Tried counselling, the whole circus, blah blah blah. I guess, really, this man's advances just make me feel good about myself.

• Show Older
    • I really appreciate your insight. I like to think I am attrractive. Truthfully, I DON'T want anyone BUT my husband! I can't see feeling the same way about anyone else, BUT I am a woman and have a libido and need that satified...maybe looking elsewhere is good, but I just wish he would come on GEEZE! Is a wife wanting sex all the time SUCH a bad thing?

• Some men would love to have a wife who thinks like you. My wife woke up to her desire about a year ago, and went from wanting it twice a week to almost everyday. I needed a "phone a friend" option... lol.. rent the TV series Swingtown and ask him to watch it with you. Maybe it will open some doors for you both. Good Luck, James