If guys don't take initiative, it equals disinterest, correct?

I'm pretty forward so I don't mind making a move on a guy if I think he's interested but what are the reasons a guy, although interested, would not take the initiative besides being mind numbingly shy?

Reason being I'm interested in someone right now and every time I make a move, I get a great response, but realistically this guy is not asking me out or starting fb chats for example. He doesn't seem shy and I haven't seen him flirt with other girls besides me.

Thanks for all your answers! You guys are great.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all! Us guys are masters of coming up with excuses not to take the initiative.

He doesn't think you are interested

He thinks you have a boyfriend

He thinks you are out of his league (which is the worst self-defeating excuse ever

He doesn't want to get friend zoned

He is shy and nothing short of you showing up naked at his door will be interpreted as a sign of interest, and even then he may think you are playing a joke on him and still not act

He will ask you out when you are not around your friends

He will take initiative tomorrow (he says that everyday)

So yes he's probably interested but a master of excuses

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 10

• Being so forward, I don't think you know what it's like to be shy. It doesn't have to be mind numbing to get in the way. All it needs to be is a fear of rejection.

It does sound like he's very much interested in you though.

• Fear? Fear works. Then again what you mean by "shy" is "nervous" and that incorporates fear. Then there are social repercussions to take into account among other complexities that deal with core values, philosophies, and perceptions.

So in your case it's likely the latter; he's either going through willed self-restraint, pressured self-restraint, is oblivious, or has a policy that prevents interaction on such a level. Easy!

• You made it so logical. Thanks!

• Mhm.

• well, he's probably insecure just like many girls and doesn't try or put effort cause he doesn't believe in himself. its really that simple

• You've been thinking to much :)

• I would guess scared maybe? Your a very beautiful woman

More from Guys
5

What Girls Said 0