What do you do to break the silence after an argument?

I got into an argument with my boyfriend and now he's not speaking to me. It's ridiculous really, it wasn't my fault. It's over the smallest thing that shouldn't make a difference. He completely overreacted to something.

My personality is that I don't like it when people aren't talking to me. I'll do just about anything to get them to stop giving me the silent treatment. In the past when these arguments happened, I sucked it up and apologized when he should have been the one to do it.

But now after doing that so so so many times, I'm fed up. I absolutely refuse to be the first one to reach out this time. It was his fault and he should be the one to apologize. I can't just over look it this time.

So my question is, what now?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I HATE the silent treatment, its like what is this going to help? lol

Since it wasn't your fault, let him come to you. He'll cool down and come to his senses and apologize once he sees you won't take the blame for it (if it wasn't you, that is). Maybe you two should go watch a movie or something and separate your minds from all this. Then maybe he'll see it differently.

Hope it works out!

C

What Guys Said 3

• Well if you don't want to reach out, take some space, and ignore him until he comes back to you.

• I'm Mr. freeze. I won't talk for days to weeks depending on the incident.

Wait it out. Sooner or later I have to say something.

• Don't apologise and just change the topic - move on, that's what I do :/

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!