I feel like I have sinned against God.. How do I make it right?

I've never been extremely religious, but I noticed within the past few months I've been acting so anti-catholic or however you want to call it. I go to a catholic high school, but I don't attend liturgies when we have them, I don't participate in morning prayer or anything and I have just come to realization of how terrible I feel about it. I haven't gone to church in a few years or anything, but how do I start to make things right again, I feel like God won't forgive me for me going against him

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

What you are going through is normal for young people who are religious. Sometimes we get burnt out on it, and we just need a break from all of the practices. To tell you the honest truth, sometimes when we don't practice the acts that we have to in our set religion, it could mean you need to find another religion ( or another belief) you are interesting in more. I think God will forgive you because he knows we are not perfect. Just ask Jesus for forgivness, and do what you FEEL is right for yourself. God will lead you to where you need to be.

• of course he will. :) I'm catholic too, but if you feel you need to, talk to a priest about it. The whole point of being human, is that we have the power to still be able to right our wrongs. Just the fact that you feel bad proves that you love God very much and want him in your life, and of course, God wants all his children with him. Mabe you should volunteer at church or some of the school activities too. :)

• Since you do to a Catholic high school, the answer should be catholic-like:go confess and see the priest about it and he can tell you what to do.

• He def will. Take it from me. Get saved and started attending to church. Pray to him and say "God I am a sinner please save me" Your life will never be the same. Trust me on that! It's the best feeling ever :)

• me toooooo! I'm so glad he found me.

• i love jesuuusssssssssssssssssssss

• The whole idea of the religion you identify with is that of humanity being sinners but God offering forgiveness when you give yourself over to him. Christianity is pointless without the central concept that no matter how egregious your crimes, God will still offer forgiveness if your heart truly belongs to him.

(For all the atheists that will flame me for this, I'm also an atheist, so gtfo.)