"Not available" relationship status?

If a guy tells you to tell someone that you're "not available", what does this mean? Besides the obvious answer, is he implying you're exclusive? Dating? In a relationship? Talking?

I guess i phrased the question wrong- The person i've been hooking up with told me to tell this to another guy that liked me

Most Helpful Guy

• As you already know, the most obvious answer would be that he's already seeing someone, or perhaps pursuing someone he likes and won't consider other options unless he specifically gets a 'no' from the one he's pursuing.
    As for me, I too tell people that I'm, not available because I'm not really in a position to get into the dating scene now. I need to sort out a few issues in my life (nothing too severe, though) and moreover, i should actually feel that I'm ready for a relationship. until then, I'm obviously unavailable. This is a less common scenario, but very much a possibility.

What Guys Said 2

• in a relationship, likes someone, doesn't like you, isn't looking for a relationship

• Exclusively dating someone else, or just not interested and wanting to let them down gently.

• I guess i phrased the question wrong- The person i've been hooking up with told me to tell this to another guy that liked me.

• He is implying that you're exclusively dating then.

• Why you let him put words into your mouth, is anyones guess. You should question him - why are you "Not available" if you haven't had the talk about being exclusive?

What Girls Said 0