If dating your same gender wasn't wrong…?

Do you think you'll get along better and understand them better? Do you think you'll have less problems when it comes to communicating? Etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think dating the same gender is wrong at all but I will say I've yet to meet a guy I've wanted to date. I don't think it'll be any easier just different. I feel like communication would still be difficult because it's not the different genders that makes communication difficult it's the emotions. Having a conversation with strong emotions almost immediately makes changing someone's mind more difficult and it makes understanding your own thoughts and others more difficult as well. I feel like the only thing that would change is I'd have to get used to a lot of anal sex beyond that it's just two humans in a relationship.

What Guys Said 12

• I've kinda had experiences of both, this is my opinion and obviously doesn't mean its right, just what I think. Its much harder in society explaining you are with someone of the same gender, clearly a lot of people still take issue with it though in the UK particularly the younger generation rarely have a problem with it. Its easier in the sense that you are both men (or women) and know each others bodies and think in a similar way, there's no he should do this becauase he's a man and im not because, well, you both are men. Guys dont have to decode each other so its easier that way.
    The advantage for dating the opposite sex is that people and everyone in general doesn't have an issue with it, you can have children (mostly) that are biologically both half and half. And the male and female personalities often compliment each other and kinda "interlock" as it were. To use stereotypes, the woman cooking and cleaning, and the guy fixing things when they go wrong and spending loads of time with the car in the garage.

• oh yeh and whats with the actual question header, "what if it wasn't wrong?" how is it wrong?

• So... are you saying that if being gay was a-ok would I be gay?

No. I wasn't born gay, so I'm not gay.

• I think perhaps I would understand them better. I think perhaps it would be easy to communicate. However (and this is huge), sex would be out of the question. Men are the hairiest, ugliest creatures ever to walk the earth (in my opinion). I have no idea what women ever see in us.

• I honostly can't imagine dating a guy. There would be no attraction at all. Also a personality clash and what not

• By wrong I hope you mean it as a personal thing like "wrong for me" I would agree with this. It's not wrong in general.

• I don't enjoy my time with women, they're rarely interesting, or have interesting things to say.

I have to pretend as if I'm interested in their words, because I cannot deny this biological urge I have for them.

In regards to your question, if I didn't find men sexually repulsive it would be great.

• Well there's your problem right there. Dating someone of the same gender is not wrong, so this question is irrelevant.

• Wel, .. that would be more like friends going out more than dating

I don't know x.x

• its not wrong so...

• I don't get involved with homosexuals, and no I would never date a guy. End of.

• How will I start a family (have kids) with a guy? I can't. At least not biologically. I can definitely get along / understand guys better, but no possibility of starting a family.

• Absolutely not. There is far more to two people than just gender. There are unseen psychological issues. Spiritual issues. Men were not designed to interface intimately- that is for a woman. And the same goes for women. When you do these things, it leaves you hungry for a spiritual connection, and bitter inside, because your base desires are not being fulfilled. I used to sleep with men.

• I think dating my same gender would be a pain in the ass...literally

What Girls Said 4

• First of all, I don't think there's anything wrong about dating your own gender, I have absolutely nothing against homosexual relationships - hell, I fell in love with a girl once. I don't think it'd be easier for me though - on the contrary, men are a bit easier to decode then women. I love both girls and guys, but I've gotta say, there's too much drama with the former. Then again I've never been in an actual relationship, so what do I know.

• Ignoring the "if it was wrong part" yes I think I would in many ways. But well I like men, I couldn't be with another girl. Not much I can do about that

• I'm not a lesbian but the communication certainly wouldn't be a factor.

• I don't care about gays