Guys: Should I text him first?

I have been talking to this guy a lot, but we haven't talked in 2 days. I am not a clingy annoying person, and I dont like clingy annoying people. And 2 days isn't a long time, I know, but when we do talk again, should I be the first to ignite the conversation? He has always been the first to. Is it my turn? And how soon should I when I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, same with @imagoofygoober, but I would say that perhaps three days would be best. Not too long, but at the same time, it isn't "right now" type of immediate. I usually wait two days, as I did the same with the guy I like, but I just now realized you have already texted with him in the past. I would say that it's fine to go ahead and text him now, I'm sure it'll be a pleasant [saying that he enjoys talking with you] surprise for you to text him first!

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, if you want to initiate the conversation, then do so. That's really the only reason you should take into consideration here. Talk to him whenever you want to go and talk to him.

There's no designated 'turns' for who should be starting the conversation between friends or even those in a relationship. There's no predefined time period that someone must wait in between talking to someone.

I honestly think you're over analyzing this situation

• Depends, do you like this guy and hope to go out with him sometime in the near future? If yes, then go right ahead and text him first. While you're at it make it, though, as painfully obvious that you want to date him since guys need the equivalent of a skywriter to get this, not brief and ambiguous social cues. If you don't however, but want to talk with this person, then go right ahead and text him first. Chances are he's feeling the same way and wants to text you but doesn't know if he should.

What Girls Said 1

• I know you want a guys opinion on this but I was in the same situation as you and I'd wait 4 days se if he dosent say anything then start a convo , guys like the chase but sometimes you have to go for it to not just him.