Girls would you have a relationship with someone who's really cheap?

A friend of mine just broke up with her long bf because he was unbelievably cheap person.

he bought 500 condoms from Groupon
(because apparently it is way cheaper haha)
he always use coupon (one time they ate pizza for 10 days in a row because he was collecting coupons..)
he bring her to his colleagues' weddings for date to have good food
he download the movie and watch it at home with her because he doesn't wanna spend money on movie theatre
he never go outside of the town unless he can carpool
so they only had a date in her town.
he brought her birthday gift from dollar market

etc etc..

the list can go on.. I think dating someone who'd like to save money is goood but the things that she told me was... too much what do you think?

forgot to mention, he is an accountant so he earns a lot of money :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• HAHAHAHAHAH 500 condoms.

p*rn is free. Just saying :)

• it amazes me how guys like that can get women.

• Strong beta.

• i honestly dont think his heart was good enough to overcome his cheapness. i mean what kind of guy has his gf eating pizza 10 days in a row?

• haha I have no idea

What Girls Said 9

• I believe that the ability to save money and be sensible with purchases is a good trait in anybody and would be a bonus in a relationship I don't believe that it should be taken to the point of cost cutting which negatively affects the relationships with those you care about. I believe it would be wiser to take an approach of quality over quantity. An understanding significant other will not have a problem with having less dates if the time they do get to spend with them is quality. They will also understand that there are many things that you can do together that don't cost money.
    The same could be said with presents. You don't have to buy something really expensive so long as you have thought about the gift not just bought something because it was cheap. A good gift once a year is much better than many poor gifts.

• Id love it if I had a partner who liked to save money and was a smart buyer, but damn i agree with you, that is over the limit I can handle.

• Yeah I agree with you. It's good when someone is smart with money and tries to save some, but this guy crossed the line.

• I can understand some of the things that were stated, but EVERYTHING would be total deal breaker. To use coupons to purchase food is fine, but not eating it 10 days in row. I can understand downloading the movie as well

• LOOOL what? Hell no, I wouldn't date someone like that! Unless he's just really poor, there is no excuse for that.

All my boyfriends have enjoyed spoiling me, and I love that. I couldn't ever downgrade to someone who wouldn't even take me to a movie lmao.

• Very stingy. It's fine if he just wants to be cheap for himself and save for the future. But he should at least given her some consideration to make her feel special once in a while.

• Nope! We wouldn't get along at all.

• yes kinda of erm stingy, i wouldn't date someone who is like that. if he want we can split the cost

• I would.
    I believe in saving whenever you can and using your money for important real world problems like helping others who would love to eat pizza for a week because their basic needs go unmet (water, food, shelter) or saving for education and such.
    If his heart is in the right place, far be it from me to judge what he wants to spend money on or not. He did buy her food even if it was pizza for a week haha.
    I think the guy in your question could live a little and treat himself and his girlfriend once in a while but I don't see the problem with him being super thrifty on the regular.

• he has high paying job :) and i know it is great to have someone who saves money but it is... too much

• For me it would be fine but I can't speak for everyone.

• nice~ thank you for your opinion!!