Is there a way to get over being so lonely and single all the time without being pathetic?

I've just had terrible luck with dating. I didn't really care about it in high school, but started becoming interested a couple years ago. I've actively been trying online dating for a little over a year now. I've met a few guys... a handful only stay online. A few met me in real life, but only stayed interested for a couple dates, then things fizzled out.

When it starts out, I feel like I've found a great match, but they always lose interest, cut contact, etc.

How can I deal with this? I feel so lonely and can't seem to find the right kind of guy who will stick around for a while. Trying to meet people the traditional way is tough for me because I'm really quiet and don't have a ton of hobbies, so I don't really know where to go to meet people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate, I find it hard to meet people too and have been single for a long time. It's not easy and nobody else feels your pain. What I have done is tried my best to have a fulfilling life anyway partner or no partner. Travel, get hobbies, do something wacky. Relationships take up a lot of time and energy, right now you are free. Fill your life with interesting things. That's what I do and it really helps.

What Guys Said 3

• Dating online can be time consuming, especially when their interest lacks effort towards you, so just try and notice how much effort your matches are willing to put into getting to know you some more, look at the things they respond to and don't get to attached to soon. Other than that, be yourself, you sound as if you would be easy to connect with, so try not to rush the process. Any real guy with a genuine interest will work hard at getting to know you if his interest is genuine, x

• Funny hearing it from a female, so many times I have felt the same way and I always thought it was a guy feeling and females kinda just pick whoever they want whenever lol,, serious there is a bunch of guys that feel the exact same as you, try typing something like this on your dating profile ;) I'm sure you will get people responding to it,, I know I sure would ;)))

• Well thanks lol. I don't know what it is. Guys have told my I'm sweet, smart, funny, pretty, etc. They ask why I'm single and so many guys have rejected me and cut contact, etc. and say "I'd never do that to you" then they do the exact same thing. It's really annoying at this point, to the point where I just expect it to happen from the beginning. I still try to enjoy it while it lasts, though. :/

• start by making online friends on websites that specialize in hobbies or past times you like.

What Girls Said 0