Girls: How many of you have told a guy you like them, but don't want a relationship? ... And why?

Is it just for the attention? Or you are really not ready? Do you think there will be a chance that you see him as a bf material in the future?

Most Helpful Girl

• I did once and it was because I wasn't ready.

• Did you ever get with the guy you told this to? What made you ready for the next relationship?

• I got over a lot of emotional wounds and decided that I was a stronger person and able to handle being a wife and mother. We didn't date. I asked him out a couple of days ago and I'm waiting to see his response. I think he is reluctant.

• @5332...: I like the way u think.

What Girls Said 4

• I did this once, although it was back in grade 8...some kid liked me, which I knew because he constantly teased me and was mean to me and even told my friends he liked me. When he finally asked during class if I would go out with him, I said "No, sorry." I remember another guy in the class overheard the conversation and told me it was mean to say no, but I despised this guy - like I said, he was a huge jerk to me the majority of the time and he even made me cry once or twice. Basically by that point I felt so much frustration towards him and he was so immature that he felt like an annoying little brother that I wanted to punch. If he'd asked me out when he first came to my school maybe I would've said yes, though to be honest I didn't feel like I was ready for a boyfriend until I got to university.

• Yes. The truth is that you don't like them enough to have your mind changed on the not-ready-for-a-relationship thing.

• Never have had this situation, but hypothetically speaking, if this were to happen to me, I would probably say no right now because I wouldn't be ready for a relationship.Honestly, if I did date the guy, it would have to be a hidden relationship from my parents, which would be hard to deal with.

• I said that to a guy recently because I was afraid he didn't care about me as much as I cared about him. I told him I didn't want a relationship because I thought that's what he wanted to hear :( (I've been pretty scarred from my last relationships) Turns out that's not what he wanted and I just assumed he didn't care as much because I've been hurt so much before. I always saw him as boyfriend material and wanted a future with him.

Fear got the best of me :(

What Guys Said 0