Is he interested, or are we just friends?

About 2 months ago, I started seeing this guy. Until now, we had just been acquaintances (we shared a mutual friend). We have held hands, kissed, and he was asking me out almost every weekend, but it was always very casual (not super nice dates or anything like that). We are both taking it slow, but sometimes it feels as though he just likes hanging out with me, and I don't always get the sense that he is romantically interested.

Two weekends ago, we spent a lot of time together both alone and with our mutual friends (we kept it secret from them). We haven't met up since, but kept in touch here and there through text. He asked if I wanted to go with him to his friend's birthday this weekend (I told him I wasn't sure yet), then we joked about something else. After that, it's been almost a week and I haven't heard from him. We usually text every 1-3 days.

I don't really mind that we haven't talked in a while, but I was wondering if it reflects anything about his interest. Does it seem like he's not actually that interested in me? I know that he will probably get in touch with me again to ask about his friend's birthday, but I would have thought that if he was interested, he would talk to me during the week too...

What Guys Said 1

• It kind of sounds like he likes you being his plus one when he doesn't have another girl to go with. We can't really know his intentions for sure, but you seem like you like having someone to give you a bit of attention rather than it particularly being him instead of some other guy. Unless it's not worth the conversation and the consequences, I would ask where you stand with him.

• thank you for your thoughtful answer :)

• Hope it was of use to you! Hope your endeavours turn out :)

What Girls Said 0