ADHD and Relationships/Dating?

Have any of you ever dated someone with ADHD? What was your experience? Positives and Negatives? How did you handle it?

For those of you that have ADHD- Are relationships and dating harder because of this? What do you wish your partner knew?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have ADHD and I don't really think it's been a problem much of a problem in my relationship. The only impact it has on my relationship really is that I have a hard time finding the motivation to clean the house so I probably don't do that as much as I should. My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind it too much though.

What Guys Said 2

• No but dating a girl with ADHD might sound fun I think

• I Have ADHD Exhiety And Much More And It Has Really Affected Me Some People Think Oh ADHD it is not a big deal its a huge deal my story started off with second grade my teacher was the only one to notice how hyper and lonely I was and decided to take me to the counselor so I saw the counselor all the way to 5th grade then middle school is when the big part happens I'm just going to say I screwed up big time I ended being homeschooled because of bullies and also I am now in a special ed class trying my hardest to get out of when ever I come out of that class door girls look at me and walk away thinking oh a special kid when I see me as a normal kid but they don't so it is really challenging for me especially in middle school

What Girls Said 1

• It can definitely be harder. If I forget my medicine and we hang out it's just be known to end badly. And I may say some stupid things without realizing it. I wish my partner knew I don't try to be needy and difficult and no matter what I always love him.