Am I a loser because I wasted time in school?

I'm 26 and I have been driving the same car since I was 17. ( it's rusting now but never gave me a problem..Ever ). I'm 1 class from my 2 year of generals and 2 classes from my 2 year in Graphic Design. Wanted to transfer for a 4 year. I recently moved in with my friends family to focus on school ( I never had a family of my own and been on my own since 18 ).

I don't party.. I go to concerts. I play guitar and it being my second passion next to design. My design work even though im in school has gotten recognized by some of my favorite bands and even Game studios.

But I feel like a loser. My friends who skipped college to join the army all have nicer cars, a home of their own and so on... I dont feel like I have anything and coming up to 30 I feel like going to college pretty much forced me into the position of "living at home at 30".

I do exercise ( not fat ), I dont dress like a punk or anything. While I am a "geek" im in nooo way in the stereotype hipster stuff. But i feel like my life is a dead in. I still have not found anyone special.. Dont have kids or anything.

It does't help that I was engaged to the love of my life.Completely crazy about the woman all through highschool to have her kick me to the curb. Go off and get engaged to someone not in college and now even she ( who never had a car prior) and place
has both and seems to be further ahead in life than me.

Most Helpful Guy

• The army has really good benefits. People see the salaries but forget about the absolutely insane benefits it has like paid schooling, food allowances, and so on. The salaries look like it's low paying to people but when you have so many benefits, they get to keep the cash and not have to spend it like other people do.

If you're pursuing a major that has a lot of employment opportunities you're just "paying your dues" so to say and are going to end up fine.

If you're meeting women are judging you and thinking that you "don't add up" to other guys they need to take a look in the mirror and realize they're self-entitled. I see so many guys who parties and have DWI's, relationship problems, and so on.

Based on your update I just think you're struggling with dating and have some experiences that will just take some time to recover from.

What Girls Said 1

• No. You are not. I can relate, your life will come together sooner or later

What Guys Said 5

• You don't sound like a loser at all. You sound like someone who pretty much has things planned out and you are making progress toward that goal. That's a good way of doing things.

Going to college takes time. Your friends took a different route. Their route was more instant gratification, your route has a longer term goal. You can't say one is better than the other, just different.

I was quite a bit older than you when I went back to college (late 30s). You have plenty of time. So if graphic design is what you want, then absolutely go for it.

• Your friends who joined the army have what they have because the army pays good especially when deployed. As for you well you said you work as gotten noticed by some high end people which is a good thing you may have wasted some time but you have plan and the ability to see it through which is more then what a lot of other people have.

• you dont sound like a loser at all. but you did waste a lot of time though

• Gosh I hope going to college will help me out.

• at least you had a girlfriend before

• Also had a three way.

Was more Work than enjoyment though..

• as long as you were attracted to them that's what matters