Im 22 and never had a boyfriend, not because i can't find one?

But because i want to find the right one, not settle for less.
I see girls who just date whoever the first guy is to show them some interesst.
I like to date a guy with goals in his life not a nobody who goes to clubs every weekend, but someone who is trustworthy and kind and loving , so ill wait for the right time.

Recently i found the guy who i thought was perfect and things were great, nothing was wrong, and he even said he liked me. He was smart, had goals, and was always busy and i like that in a guy.
But unfortunatly he was too busy, and told me he wasn't looking for a serious relationship now because he didn't have the time.
It hurt me a lot cause we both liked eachother, and another problem is that he lives in another town so that is a major set back also.

basically , does anyone think the same way when it comes to dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hope this www.wolfescape.com/.../WaitingForPerfectMan.gif doesn't become you
    Personally I don't have a long list of preconceived criteria that a girl has to have before I date her. if I'm attracted i'll date her to get to KNOW her and then possibly have a relationship with her. I like dating because very few people are "what you see is what you get "type of people and to really test compatibility you need to date and actually have practical experience of what works and what does't as opposed to the theoretical stuff you'd want in a partner

• Im not asking for a hot guy, i dont usually date the hot ones cause i know all girls would want them. I just dont want to settle for anyone, i want the guy i give my time to and share my life with, have the same values as i do. Last guy i was in love with was so hurtful towards me, he wanted sex all the time, all he cared for was sex and bjs, no morals, no class

• I ended up with him when i was 18 and young and naive, and had never dated anyone so i fell fast. Now that I've learned and im 22 i know better and i know what i want and what i dont want.

• Well then you have a good head on your shoulders. There are plenty of men and women who have similar mindsets to you. Finding a good partner when you are mature isn't difficult to find. You may have to compromise on one or two things though

What Guys Said 6

• I understand where you're coming from but I think you are going about this the wrong way. The things you highlighted are things on paper, but you don't fall in love with how someone is on paper. You will increase you chances of finding that right person for you by going out on dates, or I think time will slowly fall away from you. Just something to consider, good luck to you!

• That's okay. I think you're doing the right thing. It's better to find the right one first rather than going through suckers who hurt you. There is no specific age by which you have to find "The One". Everyone is different. A lot of factors play a role in who you find and when. So don't feel bad in any way.

• Good luck!

• I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. I totally get what you mean. I'm not interested in irresponsible party people in any way.

• No worries I also wanna find the right one, unlike you I've had GF's but still searching for the right one. I guess they'll come sooner or later..so am ok with it

• I think it's good to have some standards. And yours are not impossible to meet and they are not shallow. You will find a great guy and if you do all his imperfections will be tolerable for you. I'm not talking unhealthy stuff like some girls tolerate but you know what I mean. Good luck !!!

• What is the question?

What Girls Said 4

• You sound for the most part like me, without some preferences. I am close to 18 and never had a boyfriend either.I blame my body, but I guess being shy and not too confident has a great role too. Also, I don't settle for anyone either, but it happened to me to like guys who were really the opposite of what I look for in a guy.And I really really liked them. The fact that you've made this list and only focus on it makes it harder.I get it, you want what's best for you. I agree you should keep the "goals" thing on your list, but it may surprise you to find guys who fool you with their "wild side" for example , because in reality they may be the most protective and caring guys you've met.

• Yeah...I'm the same exact way...I could have had the oppportunity to be with other guys but declined...I waited until 28 to find the right one...he's in med school and has goals...he's not as goal oriented as I am...and could be lazy...(wakes up at 3pm when not in hospital...wants to spend all his free time with me instead of bettering himself...)...I've overlooked some things because there are other qualities about him that are great.

• Definitely. I have never found someone that I connect with or someone I admired in every way. I am older than u too. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulder :)

• Omg, I'm the same!