Ladies would you ever really consider dating down for love?

I'm a student in Law School and I met this girl and we just clicked. For now as friends but her best friend told me she wants me to ask her out.

Now I'm just wondering, she is amazingly gorgeous, very intelligent and highly talented, do I have a real shot of maintaining her interest in me?

She is also from a ridiculously wealthy family. I'm not, we're doing find and we're well off but nothing compared to them.

Do you think she could ever be attracted to a guy like me who is beneath her money and quite honestly looks wise?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate the thought of "dating down". You either like someone or you don't, and if she's got thoughts like this, then she's shallow and it's a terrible way to start something. Everyone has qualities that others can find valuable. And to be honest, I've never met anyone of "value" who had more money than me. Usually that was all they had to offer and they bored me otherwise. If you like her and she likes you, the problem is with other people and they're not the ones in YOUR relationship.

• Valid point. Can a woman be attracted to a man who has less money than her? I could objectively never provide for her. She just doesn't need it. I could also never give her a gift e.g. jewelry where she couldn't get a way better one easily by herself.

• I'm in that situation right NOW. :) I am the breadwinner between us, and that's just the way it is. He contributes in other ways for the both of us, such as, he always cleans up after dinner and does other work around the house, making sure I do a lot less than other women do. I basically cook, and that's it. :) But what's more rewarding is every day how much he tells me he loves me, finds me beautiful, and reminds me how appreciative he I of me. Women are all about feelings, and that means so much more to me.

What Girls Said 5

• I date who I like.

Maybe she finds you attractive, alluring, mysterious and all that..

Will it last? who knows..

Maybe you are just her way of rebelling against Daddy..

• Money has nothing to do with it. And if you clicked then her being highly talented and what not shouldn't be a problem ither. And you said yourself you are in law school, so you are not dumb. there are lots of other things "liking" is about. And you'll never know for sure how would things have worked out unless you ask her out.

• As I've recently discovered, a person can be attractive, well-off, intelligent, and dull as hell. The question isn't would she date down. It is whether or not she is looking for someone who matches that kind of shallow check-list, or if she's looking for someone with whom she would have a great time. If it's the latter than you should ask her out to see if the two of you enjoy your time together.

My answer is Yes.

• Why would she want you to ask her out if she did not like you? :) DO IT

• For crying out loud, you haven't even asked her out on a date and are already imagining things way ahead of time. For many people with money, a wealthy husband isn't really the most important, you know?
    If you really think you guys clicked and you like her, you must have something in common. Even her friend told you she's interested. Stop trying to find excuses and just get to know the girl as a human being already.

What Guys Said 2

• Give it a chance, but always be cautious. Rich girls tend to be spoiled, so she may expect you to give her whatever she wants whenever she wants it. Pay close attention to the little things that she may say to you, which could be previews of what will come if you guys do decide to become a couple.

• no she isn't. ignore her and move on