Guys not wanting to date women who are funny?

Okay, I asked some guy friends of mine why they think other guys NEVER want to date me and they basically said it was because I'm too funny and in a relationship, guys like being the one to make girls laugh rather than the girl being the one to make them laugh. Guys always say that they "want a girl with a good sense of humor", which I used to think meant someone who can laugh at a joke and make them laugh in return. But it seems that when guys say that they "want a girl with a good sense of humor" what they really mean is "I want someone who will laugh at my jokes..." : / When I tried to be less funny (just to test this theory) when I was around guys that I met they definitely acted more interested than guys usually do, but I wouldn't want to be with a guy who I had to hide my real personality around. So is it true? Are guys really just not interested in girls that are funny?

When I said "and in a relationship" I didn't mean that I was in a relationship. lol I was just explaining that my friends said that while in a relationship with a girl, guys in general like being the one to make them laugh instead of the other way around

Most Helpful Guy

• Your guy friends are insecure bitches, they don't want a relationship, they want a girl to fluff their egos. Find a real man who adores every aspect of your personality.

What Guys Said 5

• not at all true. I'm rather humorous by nature. making people laugh comes naturally. but I really like a girl who is the same way. its a great way to break tension. and if a girl makes me laugh regularly then its so much easier for me to talk to her. so ya its a great personality trait. and don't change that for any guy :)

• I cannot get enough of women who can get me laughing.

My main worry is that they will get offended by my jokes... any woman who can share it is a keeper!

Are you sure it is your humor that is putting them off? Because you included an "and ina relationship". Personally, I don't ever want to be "the other man", responsible for breaking up a couple. Could that be the main concern of these potential dates?

• Nooooo If I was already in a relationship it would be obvious to me that THAT would be the thing putting guys off lol When I said "and in a relationship" I just miss-worded it when I should have put "while dating".

• Ah, my mistake. My apologies.

• I have a sense of humor, and would want the same for a woman I'd want to date. Don't hide your personality for anyone.

• I'm sure some guys don't like it when girls are funnier than them. but I also know that some guys will love how funny you are, so keep being funny, and you'll find someone who likes you for that

• hell no its not true.

guys want to be funnier then their girl that's why they are saying that.

i am totally into girls who are funny.

you're friends are insecure.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not a guy, but I know a ton of guys that love a girl they can spar with, and generally, sparring includes jokes that are usually aimed at the other person, but all in good fun.

• that's BS.

even if they did want that

it would get so played out very quickly

it's like having one person talk

while the other nods their head with agreement.

• i think that's all in your head. most guys would love a girl who can make them laugh. maybrethey think that you're never serious, and you're all fun and games. other than that, I can't see a guy having a problem with that.

• I could understand that IF I was never serious, but I definitely have a serious side. When my friends said that I'm "too funny" they didn't mean that I'm constantly cracking jokes (I'm not like that at all because I find it annoying when other people do that) they just meant when I AM joking around I'm "too funny".

• be yourself. I am exactly the same. I crack jokes as much as I can.. whenever I get the chance... I don't even try Its completely automatic. Lol I'm guessing you're like that too. My boyfriend is the same in the sense he cracks jokes all the time and is just really funny and he loves that I make jokes. He finds it hilarious but at the same time just make sure you knowledge his jokes and his wit and compliment him on his creativity and stuff. Or say things like 'only you would say that' or 'how do you come up with that stuff'.. guys like funny girls but they like to feel important especially when they ttry to be funny and please you... they want some kind of acknowledgment and appreciation.

• I didn't mean I'm always cracking jokes but like.. its kinda suttle but its more like sarcastic witty things being said.. not really jokes but its like.. hmm.. saying the right thing at the right time kinda jokes. Being quick on your feet. Just be yourself but make sure he knows that you think he's the funniest guy ever. :p

• Subtle* ... but like I said. don't hide yourself! Funny girls are the best. Have a sense of humor please or else you'll be boring.