Asking someone out with a text message?

Is it ok to ask someone out via a text message? Would you accept to start a relationship with someone if they asked you out in this manner?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay... But I wouldn't go out with someone unless they asked me in person. That seems kind of childish and whiny, but I believe a person likes someone enough, they can get over their fear and ask someone out the old fashioned way. I told my boyfriend he had to ask me out in person, and he sent me a text saying "Just so you know, I'm going to ask you out tomorrow." It was a little lame, but kind of cute, too.

What Guys Said 3

• That sounds like a high school thing. What is wrong with talking with someone?

• i would accept it but would prefer a phone call instead

• face to face or phone call is better honestly

What Girls Said 4

• yeah i think that the nice way to ask out anyone is person but then again if the guy has to say no, its better that u dont have to face that live lol :p

• Definitely. Text is the new phone call! :) For a first date at least. After that any relationship changes (becoming a couple, dumping, marriage proposals etc..) would require in person contact.

• no. I would prefer in person. then again some people don't have balls to do it

• I'd not like it, i prefer it to be in person. More serious and respectful