Should I wait 3 years for her?

I like this girl who is over from France on a gap year, she leaves in 4 weeks to return to France and will be going to uni there for 3 years.
After that, she's very keen to come back here.

We've dated recently, but nothing has come of it. She was making her mind up whether to stay for one more year, so everything was up in the air, but now she is 100% leaving. So we can't be together.

I've never been interested in relationships, so maybe I could wait for her?
I can't get over her, and don't think I want to.
Should I try waiting for 3 years?

Most Helpful Girl

• 'We've dated recently, but nothing has come of it' - dude you don't even know her very well, plus if all these dates led to NO relationship, what is it you're waiting for to return? just a 'friend'? university coupled with distance is a killer. listen to the Anonymous' guy advice.

• I knew her before we went out. Nothing has come of it because she was leaving. She was waiting to find out whether or not she was going to stay, but unfortunately she's not now.
      She knows I like her, and I know she likes me.

• I'm not suggesting going LDR. I was prepared for that if things happened sooner, but alas no.
      I mean literally waiting for her to come back in 3 years.

What Girls Said 2

• Just go with the flow and see where life takes you. People change in three years. You both will meet new people and experience new things. Remain friends, keep in touch and see what happens.

• Yes there is nothing wrong in trying to wait

What Guys Said 3

• No way. That would be a waste of time. If you're sociable enough you'll easily bump into another girl who is actually around to date.

• Maybe do an "open relationship." You guys stay close for the time being, stay in touch, see how it goes. At the same time you both date other people and enjoy yourselves for the time being. If after 3 years of this you guys are still fond of each other then you two can be in a relationship.

• In those 3 years you'll meet someone else... someone closer to home, I PROMISE YOU.

I've been in this situation with a girl from France too, and it's not worth the wait.

• The thing is, maybe I will, but I don't want to. I don't feel like getting over her.
      Plus, she's the first real chance I've had with a girl anyway- not that I was actively looking for a chance though.

• See what your saying, but I'm struggling with putting her at the back of my mind. Plus where I'm at, it's very rare to meet new girls!

• Where is it that you live?

Believe me it was very hard for me... but I went on a night out with 2 of my closest friends and met a girl who was 200% into me... and it's now been one month.

The girl I liked before, I've liked her for almost 4,5 years, so I know how you feel.