Would you lower your standards just to get a date?

So you are struggling with singleness and want to date but getting nowhere. Would you lower the standards you are looking for? I wouldn't !

• No way.
  • Yes I would
  • Standards, what's standards ! Any port in a storm !

Most Helpful Girl

• I would yes, at least I would lower my standards with regards to physical appearance. I'm much more into personality and sometimes when you lower your standards a bit you meet someone great that you otherwise wouldn't have bothered with.

What Girls Said 14

• No way I am 37 almost 38 and have put up with to much BS in the past and its time that I don't put up with anymore crap when it comes to dating. I have seen red flags in the guys that I have dated in the past and have ignored it and its time that I stop doing that.

• No. I have before and it never works out

• Yes, but little, and only concerning physical appearance. If he's a jackass, rude to other people or stupid in general, he's still off my list.

• No way.

That being said, I've been on dates without even realizing it was supposed to be a date! Or else... Guys can be pretty sneaky, and then blame you for being oblivious =/

• no way...i ain't desperate

• Hell no. If the date is gonna be one huge fest of awkwardness and trying to avoid looking at the guy, what is the point? It's supposed to be enjoyable, dammit.

• Nope, I don't wanna waste my time.

• On looks, yes, but my standards here aren't really high.
    On personality, no...

• No...I refuse to settle for less than what I feel is right for me.

• Absolutely not. I've hardly had any dates, but I'd never lower my standards.

• No I wouldn't. I always have high expectations. It's good that way.

• No became I know what I deserve and expect nothing less.

• any port in a storm...LMAO!! :P

no i wouldn't lower them

• I try, hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised. But it hasn't worked yet.

What Guys Said 9

• Lower? No. Make more realistic? Yes.

• People are always under the impression that changing your standards is "lowering" them. This is not the case. I am constantly evaluating, changing, and reevaluating myself in order to become a better human being. My dating standards are no exception to that rule. I used to only look for women with a college education. Now, I'm relaxed that rule. Why? Because a college education doesn't let on as much as you think. College in the US is expensive. It's only really available to the upper-middle class and higher. Degrees also don't guarantee a job, however they almost certainly guarantee debt. That's a sad reality of our broken education system.

So to answer your question clearly, yes, I would most definitely "lower" my standards in order to expand my dating pool. Living on cloud nine makes you a moron, and coming back down to earth does not mean you are "settling".

• No, I would not lower my standards at all. My standards are about overall morals and character and have nothing to do with looks. If they were to stack up morally, meaning, not a back stabber, not an easy slut, not a liar, and someone that was willing to wait a while before being taken to bed, then they had what it took to measure up. That ruled out a lot of future head aches. I would say it decreased my dating pool by roughly 80%. But if they did not measure up because they lied, cheated, or whatever, They were gone.

• my standards (physically) really aren't that hard to meet. I just like girls who care about their appearance and show it through consistent exercise and good hygiene. Don'y have to be gorgeous per se.

I wouldn't lower my standards for personal connection though. That still needs to be very prevalent

• if i lower my standards, that means i dont get what i want and when i dont get what i want, i dont need to involve at all.

it is like you want a fine piece of cake and simply pass by some other shops till you get to the cake shop where they have your piece of cake.

• Not a chance!

• Never not worth it

• i have lowered my standards before so i guess i would do it again if i really really liked the girl

• I'm 23 and have never been on a date. I've probably never even had a real conversation with a girl. My approaches always fail. At this point my standard is gender: female. I'm 30lbs too fat so I can't afford to have any physical standards I would just like a kind and intelligent gal who would be able to accept me and even be happy with me.